Hey all.
I'm looking for a small tube combo.
around 15-30 watts.
Needs a little drive channel to get a little crunchy tone which I can turn off witht he volume of the guitar.
I'm gonna put pedals in front of it so please give me one that handles them well.
EDIT:Max spendage is $400.
Last edited by liampje at Mar 17, 2011,
Blackheart Handsome Devil. That is me throwing something out there without knowing exactly what you are looking for in the range of price or genre.
Quote by katalyzt13
Blackheart Handsome Devil. That is me throwing something out there without knowing exactly what you are looking for in the range of price or genre.

Old school hard rock 80's metal and Steve Vai.
Price below $400
Quote by katalyzt13

I totally agree with this suggstion. Awesome amp on its own and takes pedals extremely well.
V22 ($350) 22 watts. Two channels. Lots of knobs. I liked it when I tried it. Tones on both channels were best fine tuned through pedals. It didn't sound epic or nothing, but it seemed versatile.
or
Marshall Class 5 ($400) < Simple, more volume more dirty tone, a one trick pony but really good at that one trick. To me , it at about half way gets that Joe Bonamassa crunchy tone to it. Lower volumes are cleaner but have less bite. Cranked its loud, more than you should play in an apartment. If your using pedals though it should be possible to do most of the tones you want with it.

At $400 you could get a good deal on a used amp for that kind of money. Something like a peavey xxx or something. If you don't mind used $400 will get you alot further.
Quote by liampje
Could you name a serie or model?

The V22 comes to mind.

What's your budget?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Try the VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo(tube amp) Goes for under 300 Euro, and sounds pretty good. 2 channels (ultra/gain channel and normal/clean channel) and a effects loop. Bought it a Thomann, a secure German site, never given me any trouble ( dah, it a German site ) besides actually deciding what to but
ROCK ON! \m/

VHT Special 6 Ultra - Head and Cab

Ibanez RG350M (black)
ESP-LTD 256-EC
Ibanez GRG 170DX

Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer
Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory
Digitech CF7 Chorus Factory
Last edited by Ginge93 at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by Raijouta
The V22 comes to mind.

What's your budget?

Thanks that's a great price.
Just €300.
Thats like $350.
Now I'm gonna try it.
Now that the hype has quite died down the JCA 20W combo ain't bad
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by Grawgos
I totally agree with this suggstion. Awesome amp on its own and takes pedals extremely well.

I also agree and I have the half stack. When I needed the money I sold my Bogner Alchemist rather than my Handsome Devil. I love this amp.

Shame TS don't have the options with these amps.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by liampje
anyone knows if the vox vt20+ is any good?

You said you wanted a tube amp, the VT isn't. They are ok for a modeller but they aint no tube amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You said you wanted a tube amp, the VT isn't. They are ok for a modeller but they aint no tube amp.

They have one 12ax7 tube in the preamp.
Quote by liampje
They have one 12ax7 tube in the preamp.

Hybrid, but lets please not turn this into the many hybrid v tube v ss flame wars we've had :L

It won't sound all that bad, but still abit 'fizzy'.

+1 for the JCA20W
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by liampje
Old school hard rock 80's metal and Steve Vai.
Price below $400

but you need 2 channels right?

used jsx, xxx or ultra plus combo.
http://www.thomann.de/nl/bugera_v22.htm - I very good amp with the right pedals

EDIT - if you are willing to spend a couple of Euros more - http://www.thomann.de/nl/fender_super_champ_xd.htm
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Last edited by Mybleedinglung8 at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
i don't think the v22 has the gain he needs...

He will have enough left for a OD/Dis to put in front, the amp takes pedals well IMO.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
He will have enough left for a OD/Dis to put in front, the amp takes pedals well IMO.

why not just get an amp that does what he wants without pedals?

i mean if you are going to shove pedals out front a PV classic 30 fits the bill pretty well.

but about every UGer that's done that ends up selling the amp for one that does what they wants without pedals.

i stand by the used jsx combo recommendation.
Is this just for bedroom jamming or playing with a band? gigs? The Blackstar stuff is pretty good. An HT5 is great for home playing. The Venue series is good for other stuff.
Quote by samhell
Is this just for bedroom jamming or playing with a band? gigs? The Blackstar stuff is pretty good. An HT5 is great for home playing. The Venue series is good for other stuff.

Bedroom jamming and planning on doing stuff with digital drum programms etc.
I know i keep saying this but:

EPIPHONE VALVE SPECIAL!!!

The thing truely is amazing and is pretty cheap to. way less than 400 bucks. its nice and classy looking aswell. gain turned up all the way is a nice cream tone. with an OD you can easy get metallica tones. with O D this baby is defening.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
I know i keep saying this but:

EPIPHONE VALVE SPECIAL!!!

The thing truely is amazing and is pretty cheap to. way less than 400 bucks. its nice and classy looking aswell. gain turned up all the way is a nice cream tone. with an OD you can easy get metallica tones. with O D this baby is defening.

I already have made my choice;the bugera v22.