Does anyone know the release date for this amp in the USA? I've been watching video demos of this amp and I needs it. There are several places that allow you to pre-order and they show item status as "available" but says the release date is unknown...

As a side note, does anyone know if any of the other Bugera amps have the "vari-power" feature on them?
It's only on the Magician and Tri-rec it seems
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by Necrotise
This is their take on the Mesa mk4 right?

Looks like a similar spec.

I know they get a bit of a bagging on here but I wouldn't mind checking out some of their stuff - shame there are barely any stockists in Melbourne.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by caw1
After watching the demo from namm it seems like its got a lot of things to go wrong. Then again its german(?). Could go either way.

German? In what way? That the brand name sounds german?
Bugera are a part of Behringer - although their plant is based in China the designs and "ideas" all stem from their Germanic origins.

I heard there were initial problems with the valve amps that have been resolved and, being something of a hoarder I want to try a couple from the range out to see if it's worth buying one as a potential back-up/alternative for recording with...
Last edited by Slap-happy at Mar 16, 2011,
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either the Magician or the Tri Rec. Bugera has been in trouble with the FCC for failure to submit its products for inspection prior to release (since resolved, or so I hear, though FCC holds are still appearing on their website for a number of products). The bigger problem may be legal. Rumors abound that Mesa has filed an injunction against Bugera over the Tri Rec and the Magician as unlawful infringements on Mesa designs. If so, it could be quite some time before there is a ruling in the case either way.

That having been said, Bugera is advertising both amplifiers in the major American trade magazines, so maybe they are cleared for release. I just know that those amps have been promoted for quite some time now, and Bugera's Ampeg SVT clone is over a year old and has yet to be released in the U.S.A. Your best bet might be to send them an e-mail and see if they respond with a firm release date.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Behringer/Bugera have run into numerous problems with Roland, Mackie and EHX (to name but a few).

Even the places that stock(ed) the stuff locally seem to be running their supplies down.
unlike marshall or fender or what not randall smith loves to litigate. loves it. you'll never see that amp in america.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by caw1
The review I watched had their German engineer giving a through overview. Said it was developed in Germany

Refer to my earlier post...
Quote by Slap-happy
Refer to my earlier post...

I am.

I posted that because someone thought I assumed it was German by name. Really?

I don't want to be offensive at all but I do my best to know something about what I reply to. I took 14 mins and watched the review of it from NAMM, did you? Did you even go looking for a review? Are you really just running around posting on things with out getting any information about what the post is related to?

Sorry, my post count may be kinda low, cause I don't go running my mouth on just any random old post. I actually prefer not to comment on something unless i've played through it. I may watch a review from time to time and put my two cents in but I damn sure don't post just to post. I post to be helpful and knowledgeable in whatever i am talking about.

When a German engineer makes something it usually turns out pretty good. But it is obviously a rip off as others have pointed out.

TS why not just get a used mesa instead?
Last edited by caw1 at Mar 16, 2011,