so, i was in the hospital for a while, and we had music therapy there every week, i loved it and was introduced by another kid there to the guitar, the hospital had 2 fender Stratacoustic's and thats what i learned on, so when i was released, i asked for a stratacoustic for christmas, i understand that this is not the most amazing acoustic guitar, but im happy with it, please dont make me hate something that i love and has sentimental value, be nice and dont bash my guitar too bad :P anyway heres the question:
i have the stratacoustic, and im happy with it. it feels nice, its thing (love that) looks nice, nice neck, plays pretty well, but i do have a few complaints and questions about them, one thing is its really REALLY loud. i cant play quietly, unless im bareley hitting the strings with my pick, i use Fender picks, the thin ones, and ive tried medium and hard ones too, none of the picks make a noticeable difference in sound, what can i do to make it a bit quieter? like, its SUPER loud, and that makes it sound sharp, and bad sometimes. how do i fix this?
question 2, i love warm, full sounding guitars, this guitar seems to sound very sharp, not warm at all. thats probably because its laminate and athe back is some kind of plastic, and being thin definateley doesnt help, but is there any way i can help make it sound more full and warm? like a certain way to play it, or something i do to my guitar?
number three (last one, promise (; )
certain chords, sound really shitty on this guitar. ive played them on other guitars, and they sound just fine, and ive positioned my fingers in a million different ways with no luck, so im 98% sure this isnt a user problem. the chords just sound off tune, and REALLY shitty, sounds like im playing the wrong strings, for example, C, sounds REALLY bad, how do i fix that? IM 98% SURE THIS IS NOT MY FAULT.

please dont attack my guitar choice, im pretty happy with it, be nice to my guitar, dont make me hate it and regret buying it :P thanks guys,
-Moogly
Quote by *powerslave*
If you try playing with your fingers ...

i tried that, but it hurts, isnt comfortable, and i dont liek the sound... any other suggestions, anyone?
well, as far as chords sounding wrong, check your tuning and if that isn't it then it isn't intoned very well...

the playing with your fingers is really about it as far as controlling volume besides just using a lighter attack with the pick...

I don't want to bash your guitar choice, but you sound like you would been a lot happier with an Ovation...
Play further away from the bridge to get a warmer tone, and closer to the bridge to get a sharper tone.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by katalyzt13
you sound like you would been a lot happier with an Ovation..

the big reason i dont want people bashing on my guitar, isnt because its like super special and godly in my eeyes, its because i know that they'll suggest another guitar, and i dont have any money, or any way ot get money, and no birthday or anything anytime soon, and i dont want to fall in loev with something i cant buy :P i just dont have any money to get another guitar, and im not gonna sell my first guitar, its special. thatsss why. lol. but thanks,

Quote by cccp2006
Play further away from the bridge to get a warmer tone, and closer to the bridge to get a sharper tone.

whats the bridge? im a super noob... is that the hole in the middle where you strum above?
Hmmmm...hate to be a pessimist, but there's really not much you can do about any of that. And it's great that people have suggested finger-strumming, but that's actually more of a stylistic choice (i.e., you're limiting what you'll be able to play). Don't take this the wrong way, but if your chords sound shitty, I would be very surprised if it were anything but your playing. The reason I don't want you to take this the wrong way is that almost everything you play when you first start will sound shitty; you probably don't have the finger strength or the coordination to make songs...flow? I guess would be the word?

Do not despair, however! Just keep at it; it's the only solution. And again, don't stop playing with a pick--go somewhere where you won't bother others, but the answer IS NOT finger strumming everything you play to lower the volume. Using a pick is a technique and it takes practice; abandoning that would severely limit your musical possibilities (again, for lack of a better word).
Don't take this the wrong way, but if your chords sound shitty, I would be very surprised if it were anything but your playing. QUOTE]
oh dont worry, i knwo what you mean, i dont expect to play eruption perfectly in my first week, guitar takes a lot of mastery and a lot of practice. whats the birdge of a guitar?
And the bridge is the wood piece on the body that holds the strings.