So I generally go to sleep somewhere from 11 pm to 1 am. Most usually at about 12am.

Anyways, I've noticed for the past week or so, I've been waking up during the middle of the night.

Last night I woke up around 6am, for no reason. A few nights ago I remember waking up at 1am, 3am, 5am, and 7am (15 minutes before my alarm)
I don't really know whats causing this.

Anyone know what could the problem be? It's not really a big deal, I'm just wondering whats up.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I have the problem that I go to bed far to late or not at all. I sleep 4-5 hours a day normally.

Maybe you're stressed? Lots on your mind? Perhaps do some "relaxing" before going to bed? Read? Let the body and mind cool down before going to bed.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
You think that's bad? I have such a ****ed up routine, basically throughout the week I go to bed later and later, it's a cycle. On Sunday I could go to bed at like 10pm but on Thursday I could go to bed at 7am. I hate it.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I have the problem that I go to bed far to late or not at all. I sleep 4-5 hours a day normally.

Maybe you're stressed? Lots on your mind? Perhaps do some "relaxing" before going to bed? Read? Let the body and mind cool down before going to bed.

I usually talk to my girlfriend before bed, for about an hour or two.
So I know I'm pretty relaxed.

I don't really think anythings wrong. I feel the best I have in a while. Though I just don't know what to do with my life. Everythings so boring.

Quote by maggot9779
You think that's bad? I have such a ****ed up routine, basically throughout the week I go to bed later and later, it's a cycle. On Sunday I could go to bed at like 10pm but on Thursday I could go to bed at 7am. I hate it.

I used to be like that. I switched to this schedule a month ago or so.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Yeah, my routine for the last month or so has been going to sleep between 5 and 6am, and waking up around 1pm.
But sleeping problems usually attribute to either psychological problems (stress, anxiety etc) or just that your bed is uncomfortable in some way that it doesn't allow your muscles to relax
it's weird how you woke up in 2 hour intervals. i do that a lot too.

well, according to my theory...

this lack of sleep is caused by a desire to have sexual relations with your mother.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
hit the bong
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Conor360
hit the bong

I don't get high.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
It's entirely natural to wake up at the end of a sleep cycle, but you often don't remember it. You wake up multiple times, in approximately 90-120 minute intervals, every night. Unless you are having trouble getting back to sleep, or feel as if you are not getting rested as much as usual, it's perfectly normal.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I sleep right next to the window, so seeing as the sun is starting to pop up earlier and earlier, I wake up earlier (and for some reason, much more refreshed)
Not sure what the sun's doing where you are though.

This more applies to the morning times.
I'm way tired if I get any less than 9 hours of sleep. It's mad annoying

I don't actually have any advice for your problem though.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by chaos13
It's entirely natural to wake up at the end of a sleep cycle, but you often don't remember it. You wake up multiple times, in approximately 90-120 minute intervals, every night. Unless you are having trouble getting back to sleep, or feel as if you are not getting rested as much as usual, it's perfectly normal.

I remember the majority of them though.
I've never really remembered waking up before.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
im having the same problem kindaa. my problem is i cant get to sleep. and when i do i wake up early.. its pissing me off n messing with my mind. im starting to forget things..
I used to have a probem where it didnt matter when i got to sleep i ALWAYS waked up at 04:00 (-+10min) and couldt go back to sleep for a whole 2 MONTHS.

That was ****ing horrible... thank god it "fixed" itself.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

This totally. Stop doing complicated or mentally straining tasks half an hour before sleep. Shower and just chill reading a book or listening to calmer music then drift off slowly.
Dont watch TV or use a computer then go straight to sleep, your mind will be too wired. I used to have massive problems sleeping, but no I just try to chill before sleeping and It works a treat.
Quote by skylerjames13
I don't get high.

you're doing it wrong, take a hit, hold it for 3 seconds, then take another 30 seconds later and then youll get high.

i have that ****ed up sleep pattern also, i keep going to bed later and later til its like 4 and i decide to just stay up til 8 pm the next day, then its fixed
I feel it would be an appropriate time to say that your avatar freaks me out. That's why you keep waking up. It's watching you.
It's watching you.
It's watching you.
It's watching you!
Its watching you!!
ITS WATCHING YOU!!!
ITS WA--

Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by SKArface McDank
you're doing it wrong, take a hit, hold it for 3 seconds, then take another 30 seconds later and then youll get high.

i have that ****ed up sleep pattern also, i keep going to bed later and later til its like 4 and i decide to just stay up til 8 pm the next day, then its fixed

Yea, I have to do 24 hour days to "reset" myself every week it seems.
Quote by SKArface McDank

No I mean I don't try. I don't smoke or anything.

I feel it would be an appropriate time to say that your avatar freaks me out. That's why you keep waking up. It's watching you.
It's watching you.
It's watching you.
It's watching you!
Its watching you!!
ITS WATCHING YOU!!!
ITS WA--

Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Maybe something is waking you up. These cats or whatever keep making weird noises outside my window and it's really loud. I'm gonna get ear plugs.
Quote by maggot9779
Yea, I have to do 24 hour days to "reset" myself every week it seems.

seriously man o.O at least once every two weeks mostly once a week, coffee up the whole day then crash at 8 and it feels soooo good when your head hits the pillow
Quote by skylerjames13
No I mean I don't try. I don't smoke or anything.

If it gets really bad, I highly recommend lightly hitting (see: not get stoned to oblivion) some mid-to-low grade weed, as low grade weed tends to be both low-THC and of an indica variety as it's quicker growing with higher yields. (Indica has more CBD which greatly helps getting to sleep.)

But if you're really against it, that's cool. Try listening to some ambient albums while in bed going to sleep, such as Aphex Twin's Ambient albums, or something like Shpongle.

And meditation, clearing your mind before going to bed is also very helpful, as it puts the mind at a state of clarity and peace, which can help greatly if you're problem is stress.

And, last but not least, do some exercise during the day, preferably some type of cardio. You'll go to sleep like a baby.

Edit: Also, drink some tea before going to bed. Not regular tea which has caffeine, preferably something with chamomile, hops, catmint, damiana, stuff like that in it, as they contain mild depressant/sedative compounds that will help you get to sleep.

I have a good amount of trouble sleeping as well, all this stuff works for me.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
If it gets really bad, I highly recommend lightly hitting (see: not get stoned to oblivion) some mid-to-low grade weed, as low grade weed tends to be both low-THC and of an indica variety as it's quicker growing with higher yields. (Indica has more CBD which greatly helps getting to sleep.)

But if you're really against it, that's cool. Try listening to some ambient albums while in bed going to sleep, such as Aphex Twin's Ambient albums, or something like Shpongle.

And meditation, clearing your mind before going to bed is also very helpful, as it puts the mind at a state of clarity and peace, which can help greatly if you're problem is stress.

And, last but not least, do some exercise during the day, preferably some type of cardio. You'll go to sleep like a baby.

haha, no matter what he smokes, if he doesnt smoke already he's going to get blasted. and i doubt he would light up for a first time just to get some rest
Do they do Daylight Savings in Canada? That's why my schedule has been ****ed recently.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
Quote by SlayingDragons

No thanks for the weed, and music makes it harder.

How would I go about to meditate though? That sounds interesting. I don't really know how/what to do.

I get some decent cardio everyday, so I'm good there.
Thanks a lot though for the huge/informative post.

Do they do Daylight Savings in Canada? That's why my schedule has been ****ed recently.

Yes, but I'm adjusted to that.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
http://www.spine-health.com/blog/sleep-and-insomnia/11-unconventional-sleep-tips-how-get-sleep-and-stay-asleep

I do some of these, it works pretty well. Or at the very least it makes me think it's helping.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
Quote by skylerjames13
No thanks for the weed, and music makes it harder.

How would I go about to meditate though? That sounds interesting. I don't really know how/what to do.

I get some decent cardio everyday, so I'm good there.
Thanks a lot though for the huge/informative post.

Yes, but I'm adjusted to that.

metal4all posted a quote on it a little while back, it was pretty useful:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26481219&postcount=16

I believe the sensation you focus on doesn't necessarily have to be breathing, but that's the most standard one to use. I (personally) find the sensation of wind to be the best, but try it out and see what works for you. I'm not anywhere near an expert in it though, so take any advice from me on it with a grain of salt.

And yeah man, I try whenever there's something I know a bit about.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
metal4all posted a quote on it a little while back, it was pretty useful:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26481219&postcount=16

I believe the sensation you focus on doesn't necessarily have to be breathing, but that's the most standard one to use. I (personally) find the sensation of wind to be the best, but try it out and see what works for you. I'm not anywhere near an expert in it though, so take any advice from me on it with a grain of salt.

And yeah man, I try whenever there's something I know a bit about.

Awesome, thanks! I will try this out tonight.
I'll probably just use breathing. Seems most beginner.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16