http://www.youtube.com/embed/9VomRgvXRNg

So, I'm getting a weird oscillation of the note, at the 12th fret on the high E string. Sounds like I'm doing a vibrato, when I'm not. The oscillation is heard less so at the 3rd fret, and not at all at the 19th fret (nice clean tone). It seems to occur between frets 7 and 14, most prominently at 12.

The same phenomena can be observed on the B, G, D strings, but not so much on the low A and E strings.

The strings are fairly new and in tune. The intonation has been set. I tried to raise/lower the action a little, no change.

Can anyone tell me why this oscillation of the note occurs? Bad neck adjustment perhaps? How can I fix it?

Thanks!
Nice ESP. Does it still happen without any effects (eg. delay, reverb, distortion etc)?

It sounds like something is just slightly interfering with the string vibration, such as a high fret. It may be your action in this case. I'd tighten the truss rod and see if it goes away. You might need to take the strings off and put a ruler along your frets and level any high ones.
the only thing I can think of is you doing a slight bend as the echo/reverb keeps playing the original note causing that warble.
no sir away a papaya war is on
possibly a slightly (like by a hair) low or high fret
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
does it still make the sound when youre unplugged? the same thing happens on my omen 6, its not as bad as yours but i can only hear it when im plugged in
i couldnt figure out what it is for my life
Quote by matt154
Nice ESP. Does it still happen without any effects (eg. delay, reverb, distortion etc)?

It sounds like something is just slightly interfering with the string vibration, such as a high fret. It may be your action in this case. I'd tighten the truss rod and see if it goes away. You might need to take the strings off and put a ruler along your frets and level any high ones.

Yes, it does still happen without any effects. I can't find the knob for the truss rod, so I must have to remove the neck from the body in order to adjust it. Anybody know anything about adjusting the truss rod on a ESP LTD EC-1000 ???

Quote by SKArface McDank
does it still make the sound when youre unplugged? the same thing happens on my omen 6, its not as bad as yours but i can only hear it when im plugged in. i couldnt figure out what it is for my life

Yes, it occurs even when not plugged in. Did you have any work done on your guitar? Did you notice a difference if you changed strings?

Thanks guys!
Quote by DrMetal
Yes, it does still happen without any effects. I can't find the knob for the truss rod, so I must have to remove the neck from the body in order to adjust it. Anybody know anything about adjusting the truss rod on a ESP LTD EC-1000 ???

It should be under the cover on the headstock. You'll probably need an allen key or screwdriver to tighten it. You tighten clockwise from memory.
Sounds like a wolf-tone to me... or Stratitis, as its sometimes called... Try lowering your neck pickup just a fudge and see if it goes away. You seem to be experiencing unwanted magnet pull on your strings. The skinny little E string is the only one small enough for the magnetic force to cause it to 'wobble' and only when its certain lengths ( 7th fret to the 14th, eh? )
Google wolf tone or stratitis.... Several solutions, most involve lowering the pups a hair.
yeah I said it. What.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
So in the end, be careful, but even still it's not THAT easy to get killed to death.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll try tightening the truss rod and adjusting the pickups, will post here if it resolves.
Quote by DrMetal
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll try tightening the truss rod and adjusting the pickups, will post here if it resolves.

For the love of God, don't adjust your truss rod for ANY other reason than releif in the neck.
The Truss rod is NOT for action adjustments or strat-itis...... :/

yeah I said it. What.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
So in the end, be careful, but even still it's not THAT easy to get killed to death.
This isn't a problem for the truss rod, Personally it sounds like it is just barely hitting on a fret that is just ever so slightly higher, I would suggest first, try raising your bridge just a hair, or lowering the pickups, if it still persists, then maybe looking for the high fret, or getting a fret level, even just a spot job.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by OurSouls,inc.
For the love of God, don't adjust your truss rod for ANY other reason than releif in the neck.
The Truss rod is NOT for action adjustments or strat-itis...... :/

Ok. Well I tried lowering both pickups, no fix. And again, Ive already tried raising/lowering the action, also no fix.

Do you think the bowing of the neck (due to truss rod) could be thse source of my problem?
Quote by MonkeyLink07
This isn't a problem for the truss rod, Personally it sounds like it is just barely hitting on a fret that is just ever so slightly higher, I would suggest first, try raising your bridge just a hair, or lowering the pickups, if it still persists, then maybe looking for the high fret, or getting a fret level, even just a spot job.

Ok thanks, will do that. Admittedly, Ive never measured/evaluated my fret levels. Is there a simple tool for doing that myself, or should I take it to a repair guy who knows what hes doing??? (probably the latter, especially if any filing is required, huh?)
How high did you try raising the action, if it's still not that, you may be able to fix it with the truss rod, but again, it may be a high fret you could look for. Try getting a metal straightedge to see if your frets are level and your neck is straight.

EDIT:

Ninja'd you I guess

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
How high did you try raising the action, if it's still not that, you may be able to fix it with the truss rod, but again, it may be a high fret you could look for. Try getting a metal straightedge to see if your frets are level and your neck is straight.

By raising and lowering the bridge, no joy.

I noticed something else: When looking down my fretboard (from the keys/nut), it looks like my fretboard is slightly pitched to the left(left side down, right side up). Maybe you can tell from my pictures attached. Is that normal? Could that be the source of my problem?
Attachments:
photo.jpg
securedownload2.jpg
Just to close this out, it was the strings! I just had a bad set. I got some new ones on there, sounds great now. Its always the simple things.