So I am the proud owner of two EC-1000s. Fantastic guitars - one active, one passive.

My passive is older, and has Sperzel brand locking tuners on it.

My active is brand new and has ESP brand locking tuners on it.

The Sperzel equipped guitar constantly has its G and B strings going out of tune the second I put the guitar down, or play a song. The ESP tuners aren't nearly as problematic, my G string occasionally goes out of tune but far less regularly.

Any solutions?
Quote by Wisthekiller
...get new tuners? Not trying to be a douche, but that seems like an obvious solution.

replacing sperzal locking tuners though? really?

anyway, TS, maybe the nut slots are causing this. try putting some graphite in there, see what happens.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
replacing sperzal locking tuners though? really?

anyway, TS, maybe the nut slots are causing this. try putting some graphite in there, see what happens.

Exactly - Sperzels are supposed to be top of the line, why would I replace them?

The nut is an Earvana compensated nut - whatever that is. It looks pretty different from any other guitar nuts
Do you wind the strings at all through the locking tuners? I found that the locking tuners on my two LTDs aren't foolproof, so I always wrap them at least two or three times for added stability.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Do you wind the strings at all through the locking tuners? I found that the locking tuners on my two LTDs aren't foolproof, so I always wrap them at least two or three times for added stability.

I have in the past, and my G string was still a problem. Could tightening the tuners themselves help ?

EDIT: God I am so jealous of your gear Pat. Must be awesome having $3k+ in amplifiers/cabs
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Exactly - Sperzels are supposed to be top of the line, why would I replace them?

The nut is an Earvana compensated nut - whatever that is. It looks pretty different from any other guitar nuts

Earvana's are supposed to help with intonation down the neck.
try putting some pencil graphite in the slots and see what happens.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"