Hey there guys.

Necrophagist is one of my favorite bands, but it gets a little boring due to the fact the ****ers have made just 2 friggin albums...

So i decided to look for some tech-death bands, but can't really find anything that suits me, I've tried Nile or Cryptopsy to name some.... but I just can't stand them for long so... any advice on bands?????

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Well, which Cryptopsy album have you listened to? Try None So Vile if you haven't.

Also, inb4 Demilich
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
NEXT TIME USE THE REC THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE! Hopefully that caught your attention and you won't forget.

Obvious:
Obscura
Decrepit Birth
Gorod
Spawn of Possession
The Faceless

EDIT: I was going to put Demilich, but I figured he wouldn't enjoy them seeing as he wants Necrophagjizz bands.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Mar 16, 2011,
I figured I'd rather try instead of sending him down the path of the Obscuras of this world.

TS, you might or might not fancy Cynic - Focus and Atheist - Unquestionable Presence.

...would you love me?
Okay then TS, if you take the blue pill (Obscura, The Faceless, etc) you'll wake up in your closet and walk out like nothing ever happened, but if you take the red pill (Demilich, Cynic, Atheist, Gorguts) then the metal forum regs will show you how deep the rabbithole goes.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Okay then TS, if you take the blue pill (Obscura, The Faceless, etc) you'll wake up in your closet and walk out like nothing ever happened, but if you take the red pill (Demilich, Cynic, Atheist, Gorguts) then the metal forum regs will show you how deep the rabbithole goes.

Lol, right now I'm listening to Atheist... sounds cool

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Listen to the album Obscura by Gorguts. It might take a few listens to get into, but it is oh so worth it. The band Obscura is good too, but Gorguts is on another level.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Don't forget to look into Nocturnus and Pestilence as well. For Nocturnus go for The Key, and Pestilence go Consuming Impulse, or Malleus Maleficarum.

I know I lumped them in with Obscura and the other "blue pill" bands, but Spawn of Possession are great, and I'm sure you would love them if you don't know them already.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by The Virtuoso
Don't forget to look into Nocturnus and Pestilence as well. For Nocturnus go for The Key, and Pestilence go Consuming Impulse, or Malleus Maleficarum.

I know I lumped them in with Obscura and the other "blue pill" bands, but Spawn of Possession are great, and I'm sure you would love them if you don't know them already.

Yeah, Spawn of Possession suits more what i was looking for, but still checking the other bands

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Consvming isn't a very techy album at all, though. Brilliant, but rather more thrash-y than technical death, I'd say.

Still recommended, TS. Perhaps that'll open some doors for you.

...would you love me?
^ I see your point, and I do not object. I've just always lumped Pestilence, Cynic, and Atheist together, and Consuming was the first album that came to mind, mainly do to the fact that I couldn't remember if I was spelling Malleus Maleficarum correctly or not!
Quote by Senor Kristian
some modern tech death that might interest you:

Anata
Gorod
Psycroptic
Orgone
Amok
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
if you don't mind a more melodic aproach, check Arsis and Neuraxis.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
there actually arent too many bands that sound all that similar to necrophagist, except for obscura (who i think are really really boring) and maybe the faceless

spawn of possession are also really influenced by classical stuff, but i think their music is a lot more developed than phagist, and it really sounds totally different from them
^I like the way you think.
Quote by Senor Kristian