Page 1 of 8
I deleted the original thread by accident.....

So uh, ask for recommendations here.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I'll try to bring it back if I can.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Ska Wars
I deleted the original thread by accident.....

So uh, ask for recommendations here.

How?

Oh, were you OP?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Yep, I just wanted to delete the first post, but I didn't realize it would delete the whole thread.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
Yep, I just wanted to delete the first post, but I didn't realize it would delete the whole thread.
Yep that's how you delete a thread

I can't bring it back. Oh well. We'll just use this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Punk and Post-Punk are the best things.
CRASS
Iggy Pop
The Clash
David Bowie's Diamond Dogs is pretty punk rock
My favourite new punk band is The Andrew Jackson Jihad

Uh, I'll go ahead and give some pop punk recommendations. These are just some of my favorites atm.

The Ergs!
Jawbreaker
The 20 Belows
The Muffs
Green Day
The Copyrights
House Boat
The Mr. T Experience
The Queers
the Dopamines
Beatnik Termites
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 27, 2011,
Quite the achievement.

To contribute, I'm quite blank at the moment but some Hardcore Punk recommendations:
Minor Threat, Black Flag, The Germs, Government Warning, Negative Approach, Misfits, Adolescents, Reagan Youth, F-Minus, Angry Samoans, The Nerve Agents, Terveet Kädet, Riistetyt, Kaaos.
Anarcho-Punk:
Civil Disobedience, Conflict, Crass, Icons of Filth, Antischism, Burnt Cross, Rudimentary Peni
Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at Mar 20, 2011,
If you guys have anymore hardcore punk recommendations, that'd be cool. I'm completely oblivious to the genre.

Frankly, the only punk in general I've listened to is stuff like Bad Religion (Earlier), and The Misfits (Danzig/Graves era).
Quote by severed-metal
If you guys have anymore hardcore punk recommendations, that'd be cool. I'm completely oblivious to the genre.

Frankly, the only punk in general I've listened to is stuff like Bad Religion (Earlier), and The Misfits (Danzig/Graves era).

Psyched to Die

Do it, ******.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by BlacksailsTippa

To contribute, I'm quite blank at the moment but some Hardcore Punk recommendations:
Minor Threat, Black Flag, The Germs, Government Warning, Negative Approach, Misfits, Adolescents, Reagan Youth, F-Minus, Angry Samoans, The Nerve Agents, Terveet Kädet, Riistetyt, Kaaos.

Additionally to what he wrote:
Kill your Idols, The Pist, DOA, Battalion of Saints, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, Backfietsboys, Ceremony, Descendents, MDC, Fang, Mihoen, Sunpower, Rawside, Gorilla Biscuits, 7 Seconds, Annihilation Time, CH 3, Circle Jerks, Cro-Mags, Fear, Gang Green, Good Clean Fun, Government Issue, Italion Stallion, Sniffin´ Glue, Outbreak, Poison Idea, ****in´ Faces, Seein´ Red, SS-Decontrol, Teen Idles, The Freeze, TSOL, Undressed Army, Verbals Abuse, Vitamin X, Youth Brigade, Yout of Today

Not quite sure if everyone considers all of that as hardcore, but whatever, it fits roughly
The Freeze is so friggin good.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Lokki Saints
*lollinks*

/shameless self-promotion
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 25, 2011,
EDIT: Duly noted.
Anyways, you guys need to get Mikey Ergs heart shaped single. Serious tunage.
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 25, 2011,
I want to keep this thread as spam-free as possible. Just sayin'
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Btw, severed. Get onto Black Flag, Cro-Mags and MDC. Now
Last edited by Cianyx at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by element4433
I want to keep this thread as spam-free as possible. Just sayin'

Good idea.

I need recs for more bands that sound like Limp Wrist. I just learned about Needles and am stoked on them.
I'm an asshole.
anyway, yeah. that new mikey erg heart shaped shit is purty good. just saw loose ends, night birds, and full speed ahead and tear it up do a reunion last night. ****in great. tear it up gave away their newest cd for free. oh and fans of night birds, the full length should apparently be out sometime in june check out loose ends too
I want some more pop-punx in the whole House Boat-y, Copyrights-y, Dopamines-y vein of things, but I'm pretty sure I've got all the major players. Help :C
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
You've probably already got The Steinways. If not, The Steinways.

But otherwise, I recommended The 20 Belows. Their album 'For Better Days' is so fecking good. Also check out Iron Chic, Dear Landlord, and The Hextalls.

Also, check out They Shy Guys - Breaking Up is Hard to Do. You might like that.

I'm pretty sure all of these are on Ramone To The Bone. Unless you are the kind that pays for music.

If you hate all of these, just wait for the new House Boat and Copyrights records
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by due 07
You've probably already got The Steinways. If not, The Steinways.

But otherwise, I recommended The 20 Belows. Their album 'For Better Days' is so fecking good. Also check out Iron Chic, Dear Landlord, and The Hextalls.

Also, check out They Shy Guys - Breaking Up is Hard to Do. You might like that.

Yeah, got Stienways, Dear Landlord (guys are crazy good live) and Iron Chic. I'll check out those other guys though, thanks.

Quote by due 07
I'm pretty sure all of these are on Ramone To The Bone. Unless you are the kind that pays for music.

Paying for music? That's funny. You're funny.

Quote by due 07
If you hate all of these, just wait for the new House Boat and Copyrights records

Speaking of which, when the **** is that godamned Copyrights album coming out? It's taking aaages.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at Mar 27, 2011,
Quote by SuperBlob

Speaking of which, when the **** is that godamned Copyrights album coming out? It's taking aaages.

Jeff said they are looking for a label and then it will be mastered. Should be kind of soon.

To contribute more pop punk:

Chixdiggit!
Off With Their Heads
Dead Mechanical
Mesaure [SA]
The Manges
you should also listen to Avail.

My brush with Aaron Cometbus has left me craving older Bay Area bands. Any recs? I got old Green Day, Pinhead Gunpower, Crimpshrine, Blatz, Sweet Baby, and probs a couple more that I forgot...
Tilt
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Jawbreaker, sort of. If you like Crimpshrine, check out Fifteen. Others I'd suggest are Fuel, The Mr. T Experience, obviously Op Ivy, Isocracy, and Samiam. They all came out within a few years of eachother.
Actually I'm not sure if Tilt is Bay Area anymore. But they're okay.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I need a couple good hardcore bands. Kind of the early 80s throwback sound, but from the present day. In the vein of Male Nurses, or Night Birds.
No Friends
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Black Cross too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by due 07
I need a couple good hardcore bands. Kind of the early 80s throwback sound, but from the present day. In the vein of Male Nurses, or Night Birds.

Psyched to Die, but I assume you're already there
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
Psyched to Die, but I assume you're already there

Fuck yeah I am. It's the thought that counts, though.

Quote by element4433
Black Cross too.

And I'll get right on that. I'm really, really digging this style of music right now.
I absolutely love The Bronx, particularly the first album but also the second album. What else should I get based on that?