Page 3 of 8
So... a couple of my favorite punk bands are Bad Religion, Misfits, and NoFX. Couple anyone suggest me some new bands to listen too that kind of sound similar?
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Quote by lookpizza

you must be joking. none of those bands sound anything like Bad Religion Misfits of NoFX.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
? Thats good music dude. Are you saying Minor Threat, DOA, and Black Flag suck as well? Rancid and Bad Brains too?
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Are you saying Minor Threat
Posers. They didn't even do drugs.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
DOA,
Posers.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
Black Flag
The same Black Flag that played metal? They're the definition of poser.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
Rancid
Try-hard posers. I heard Tim's jacket is made from real leather.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
Bad Brains
Homophobic posers.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
you must be joking. none of those bands sound anything like Bad Religion Misfits of NoFX.

You said kind of. They kind of sound similar.. in the sense that they're playing the same instruments. The difference is the bands I posted are good.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
? Thats good music dude. Are you saying Minor Threat, DOA, and Black Flag suck as well? Rancid and Bad Brains too?

Those bands are nothing like NOFX or Bad Religion or whatever other crap you listen to.. but yes Rancid and Bad Brains suck (although I got a soft spot for Rancid some times)
I'm an asshole.
lol um dude, all I asked for was some suggestions of bands that some like that. That's punk rock, and if you dont like it then **** you cuz they're not posers. I bet you're one of those types who thinks anyone that more than 5 people have heard of have "sold out". Learn to respect other peoples achievements and stop being so uptight. That's not what punk is about, it has no rules to it.
Quote by lookpizza
Those bands are nothing like NOFX or Bad Religion or whatever other crap you listen to.. but yes Rancid and Bad Brains suck (although I got a soft spot for Rancid some times)

by the way, I like a bunch of kinds of punk. At the moment though I wanted stuff that sounded similar to those bands
Quote by Punkrokkboi
lol um dude, all I asked for was some suggestions of bands that some like that. That's punk rock, and if you dont like it then **** you cuz they're not posers. I bet you're one of those types who thinks anyone that more than 5 people have heard of have "sold out". Learn to respect other peoples achievements and stop being so uptight. That's not what punk is about, it has no rules to it.

Posers, the lot of them.
It's my job to keep punk rock elite.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Just listen to the band I posted.
haha dude that's total bullshit. Give me a valid reason they are posers. Convince me.
Quote by due 07
Just listen to the band I posted.

I did. and they sound like pop-punk to me.

But i do like that they did it all DIY, the recording sounds good for being done themselves.
Last edited by Punkrokkboi at Jul 15, 2011,
^ The bands you posted are poppy.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
haha dude that's total bullshit. Give me a valid reason they are posers. Convince me.
Because they are.
Quote by due 07
^ The bands you posted are poppy.

Not really? Bad Religions old stuff isnt poppy at all. The newer stuff might misinterpreted with poppy but to me it seems like they've gotten more artsy with it. thats just my opinion.

Misfits, I dont see how they're poppy at all but ok. I hear heavy influence from old rocknroll in there though (Elvis, ect)

NoFX isnt poppy either.

Do you think any band with cleanish vocals is pop?? How about the Ramones? You like them? Sex Pistols? Stooges?

Quote by due 07

Because they are.

"Because they are" isnt a reason. And it doesnt convince me. Are you like 13 or something? Because that answer is the most immature answer in the book. My little cousin uses that all the time and she's 11. Doesnt work with her, doesnt work with you.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
If punk has no rules, then wouldn't disrespecting other peoples' achievements and being uptight be punk?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Do you think any band with cleanish vocals is pop?? How about the Ramones? You like them? Sex Pistols? Stooges?
Okay, Ramones are like the poppiest band ever.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
Are you like 13 or something?
No.

Quote by Punkrokkboi
she's 11.
If punk has no rules, then Stevie Wonder is my favorite punk singer.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
If punk has no rules, then wouldn't disrespecting other peoples' achievements and being uptight be punk?

hmmmm true. Alright.
**** Takaru. They're posers. That's not punk thats a bunch of pointless screaming, at least with Bad Religion they're singing about important things and have musicianship and songwriting skills.
So tell me. How are these bands I have said NOT punk? And if they arent, what are they
Quote by Punkrokkboi
hmmmm true. Alright.
**** Takaru. They're posers. That's not punk thats a bunch of pointless screaming, at least with Bad Religion they're singing about important things and have musicianship and songwriting skills.
If punk has no rules, then a bunch of pointless screaming is punk.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Punkrokkboi
So tell me. How are these bands I have said NOT punk? And if they arent, what are they
They're pop punk?
Quote by due 07
They're pop punk?

Minor Threat is pop punk..? haha. Ok.
Quote by due 07
No, they're emo.

not quite. They were hardcore punk. which gave birth to posthardcore, then emotional hardcore, and now what we know as "Emo" music which has changed so much from original hardcore punk.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
not quite. They were hardcore punk. which gave birth to posthardcore, then emotional hardcore, and now what we know as "Emo" music which has changed so much from original hardcore punk.
I'm disappointed that you know what emo is.
Quote by due 07
I'm disappointed that you know what emo is.

I've done my homework. By looking up hardcore punk, you can learn these links between the genres.
Quote by Punkrokkboi
I've done my homework. By looking up hardcore punk, you can learn these links between the genres.
You should listen to Male Nurses. Specifically, their self-titled. The only streaming website I found with them is Myspace, so sorry about that.

http://www.myspace.com/guilttriphc
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Listen to some emo bands then. Expand your music library beyond the basics.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by due 07
You should listen to Male Nurses. Specifically, their self-titled. The only streaming website I found with them is Myspace, so sorry about that.

http://www.myspace.com/guilttriphc

Now see, I like these guys. Thanks for the suggestion.
im looking for some goofy punk. dickies/queercore/dead milkmen style

recommendations?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Punkrokkboi

rancid sucks. seriously though, branch out. if you think NOFX is so great, try something new and you'll be surprised when you realize there are tons of way better bands out there who actually give a **** about the music they make

EDIT: also, can someone please tell me a good music/ media player (not iTunes) to replace Windows Media Player? i swear i'm ready to throw my computer against a wall. no matter how many ****ing times i correct the album info it keeps ****ing changing it back, even for the actual files. i ****ing hate windows.
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Punkrokkboi
hmmmm true. Alright.

There's is nothing in this post that points to anything but an obvious cognitive defect.

Quote by jakesmellspoo

EDIT: also, can someone please tell me a good music/ media player (not iTunes) to replace Windows Media Player? i swear i'm ready to throw my computer against a wall. no matter how many ****ing times i correct the album info it keeps ****ing changing it back, even for the actual files. i ****ing hate windows.

Quicktime

trollfage.jpg
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
for some strange reason the amebix record i got a while back came with a digital download in quicktime format, and was that supposed to be a pic? of trollface?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
for some strange reason the amebix record i got a while back came with a digital download in quicktime format, and was that supposed to be a pic? of trollface?

I just wrote out "trollface.jpg" instead of finding the trollface pic.

Also:
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Not really? Bad Religions old stuff isnt poppy at all. The newer stuff might misinterpreted with poppy but to me it seems like they've gotten more artsy with it. thats just my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoD9zWY9Rg
Quote by Punkrokkboi

Misfits, I dont see how they're poppy at all but ok. I hear heavy influence from old rocknroll in there though (Elvis, ect)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbbc3X3ge8
Quote by Punkrokkboi

NoFX isnt poppy either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xBjupJpGA

Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
hahaha, he's right you know. bad religion's not poppy, they're just downright fall asleep piss your pants ****ing boring. saw em twice in the past 2 or 3 years, left before they were done cause their new songs blow. actually paid to see them in philly w/ bouncing souls and pretty much only watched the souls