ok so now ive seen this atleast 3 times in guitar stores, its always been on gibson LP studios and i hate it, but sometimes it lookes like someone actually pissed on the inlays and they are piss yellow. permaneently. anybody know why? i hate it and i see it kinda often
Fake aging = an idiot's money.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
well, on those inlays, when moisture builds up, they turn to a greenish color. Take some very very steel wool and that should fix it right up.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

im very picky about details when i look at a guitar, so it bothers me a ton, i usually dont care what people seeing play it think. but it really bugs me, and ive seen it one supposedly new ones only
They way a guitar looks should never dictate weather or not you like it, yeah, looks are important, but if it plays and sounds good enough, then looks don't matter.

If you go by looks only, you might be cheating yourself of a great guitar.
ya and i usually go by that, but if something like this bothers me alot ill try and avoid that guitar because it almsot seems defective to me

EDIT: just to be clear, it literally is piss colouring on supposedly white fret inalys. it doesnt rub off
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by Seanthesheep
ya and i usually go by that, but if something like this bothers me alot ill try and avoid that guitar because it almsot seems defective to me

Don't blame you. I think Les Paul's are hideous to begin with. imo. Buy an ESP, you'll thank me later.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
haha well ive already played a bunch of ESP eclipses and have an entirely different opinion on those. they always look flawless from what ive seen and are quite comfortable but shouldnt have EMGs in them
Quote by Seth Shadows
Don't blame you. I think Les Paul's are hideous to begin with. imo. Buy an ESP, you'll thank me later.

Nah, they aren't hideous, maybe stupidly way over priced, but not hideous.

If it really bothers you that much, you can prolly tape off the rest of the fretboard except the inlays, and bleach them. Just a thought though, I've never tried it.
Quote by Seanthesheep
haha well ive already played a bunch of ESP eclipses and have an entirely different opinion on those. they always look flawless from what ive seen and are quite comfortable but shouldnt have EMGs in them

Agreed, I do like passives much more than actives so nearly every ESP guitar I get I switch the pickups.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Nah, they aren't hideous, maybe stupidly way over priced, but not hideous.

Not as hideous as any of Fender's line, but I think they're still hideous imo.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

im not really looking for alternatives though, im just looking to see why this happens and if its reversible. because i played a studio that sounded better than an eclipse today but it had the piss-inlays which annoyed me bad
Quote by Seth Shadows
Agreed, I do like passives much more than actives so nearly every ESP guitar I get I switch the pickups.

Not as hideous as any of Fender's line, but I think they're still hideous imo.

Do you just hate all of the classic guitar shapes or something?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Do you just hate all of the classic guitar shapes or something?

Can't help myself. I hate, not dislike, nearly anything that looks "classic". Guess I'm more of a 'modern' type of guy, as I don't even like classic rock xD
Quote by Seanthesheep
im not really looking for alternatives though, im just looking to see why this happens and if its reversible. because i played a studio that sounded better than an eclipse today but it had the piss-inlays which annoyed me bad

I see. I'm sure they have alternatives in the massive studio line. Sorry I can't be more help.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
Can't help myself. I hate, not dislike, nearly anything that looks "classic". Guess I'm more of a 'modern' type of guy, as I don't even like classic rock xD

I see. I'm sure they have alternatives in the massive studio line. Sorry I can't be more help.

Your such a rebel.

I'm a modern type of guy, and I play a Strat geared towards metal, as in badass pickups.
if they are the trapaziods on a Gibson i am pretty sure it is faux aging. they will get more yellow as time goes on naturally, and age naturally. just like 90's strats look kinda like a yellow when you take the pickguitar off for the first time.

some other companies are doing it too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/