Recently purchased an Ibanez s420. It plays great and I love everything about it, except the pick ups. They're okay, I guess. But I knew the second I thought about buying it, I would be perfectly fine with putting out extra cash for new pick ups. Any suggestions? I like to play progressive metal kind of stuff..

Periphery, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Scale the Summit, Dillinger Escape Plan, ect.

Please don't suggest the Dimarzio Crunchlab. Because I have that in my other Ibanez and I dislike it extremely.. haha.
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
If you don't mind paying a bit more for quality, I'd look into Bareknuckle Pickups.
Putting a Nailbomb bridge and Cold Sweat neck in my S5470 myself
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
I was thinking bareknuckle as well! But I don't know where I could obtain any..
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
Quote by FortheLifeless
I was thinking bareknuckle as well! But I don't know where I could obtain any..

Check their site (www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk)
You can order them directly from there
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Neat