Page 1 of 2
I had quit playing guitar for quite a while. The whole reason I got back in to it was to distract myself from the music I was vibing to when I was gang banging so I wouldn't **** up until I got off of probation. The thing is, I can't do it anymore. I'm not playing for the right reasons. I said **** it, and I'm back listening to Brotha Lynch Hung and C-Bo.

It kind of made me curious why some of you guys play. Do you do it in hopes of getting famous? Maybe you are one of the people that actually plays for fun?
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
I like music and I want to make music.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
It's fun. I really really like having as many skills as possible.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Cause I do whatever I want. And I want to play guitar.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Quote by two_headed boy
YES! Finally someone else who likes brotha lynch, that makes me happy

**** yea man!! My brother got me into him when I was in Seattle. It wasn't the reason for my banging, but he introduced me to Lynch and Tech right when I started, so they kinda became synonymous. I couldn't put of the music I actually enjoy though. I'm gonna keep with play acoustic just for something to **** around with, and maybe make some beats with some acoustic guitar pieces to flow over.

And I wasn't implying anything negative guys. I was just curious. I know a lot of people that play to get laid and stuff.
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
It's fun, and it's pretty cool to be decent at a musical instrument.

A part of me thinks that I may become a solo artist some day because I'll get so good in the future, but I know that's never going to happen.
Emotional release.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I just love music, I love playing guitar, it's my main hobby.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
I AM one of "those people" who play for fun. I think I may be more of a hobbyist. But I absolutely love the different riffs and tone(s) of many songs such as Whole Lotta Love, Foxy Lady, and the simple riff of Smoke on the Water, if played on heavy distortion/overdrive with little muting sounds played in between the notes of the riff and extreme vibrato. For example (~=extreme vibrato & x="muted dead notes" or however you call them): dg ---00--xx--33--xx--55~~~~---00--xx--33--xx--66-55~~~~
Rock n roll is just awesome. I love the simple sounds that play in my ear and set my moods.
I love playing the guitar but I don't know why. Sometimes it is to get emotions out like anger, frustration, sadness but other times it just to play the music I love.

I gotta' say though, nothing feels better than pulling of a perfect pinch harmonic!
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Cause I gotta practice for my career don't I?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
It makes me happy.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by Spartan101400
Revenge

OT: I picked up guitar after picking up bass. I just thought it would be fun.

Now I play because I love making music. I'm not amazing just yet, but I'll get there eventually
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Because **** you, thats why. Rock and roll.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Like making music.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Brownerz
I gotta' say though, nothing feels better than pulling of a perfect pinch harmonic!

Dear lord, THIS.
Draw me like one of your french girls.
Originally Posted by SenseS FaiL
everytime it thunders i have to be away from a window and outside, i saw a tv show where it showed me a lady getting thundered in the face by watching outside her car window and that scarred me for life i guess
Because I like listening to music, and one day I though "Hey, I want to do that too!"
'Cuz i feel like it, and I need something to spend all of my money on

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
Because its relaxing. It helps me escape. Its kinda funny actually, when I play guitar I can think about life and stuff and just play along to emotions. Its like the guitar is an extension of my personal though translated into sound and sometimes its beautiful, sometimes its kinda annoying to hear. >...>
Quote by Momentosis
I like music and I want to make music.

Basically, this.
Because I'm just that cool.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
ROCK AND ROLL
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by markuy48
its something that makes me stand out from the crowd. individuality

You underestimate how many people play guitar.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Quote by LastSlayerKing
You underestimate how many people play guitar.

any one can strum chords but only few can do crazy licks and riffs
Page 1 of 2