one day I was stupid enough to forget to hook my cab into the head after working on the head and I turned it on to test it and.... no sound came out so stupidly I kept cranking the volume and then I heard like a little pop then a weird high pitched squeal so I turned it off as quickly as I could and hooked up my speaker and it was fine how long does running a head without a cab take before it does damage and could I have damaged mine without knowing?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
It's very dangerous. You can blow the output transformer by hooking it up with no load, worse if you crank the volume.

What head are you using?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I know its dangerous, I didn't do it on purpose, I just had a lapse in judgement. And a valve junior. I'm not asking this to be yeah this could be a cool way to hook my head to another head or anything like that, Im just curious as to how lucky I was to get away with unoticable to no damage from it.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
I did it once, next time i used the amp i smelled something burning, and looked at the head and one of the tubes was really hot. burnt.

I took the power tubes out, changed them, re-biased the amp, then it's been fine ever since...

I think I was lucky that it just needed new tubes... it might have done other damage but its been working fine... so yeah
---