Two things

Any aussie bassists who ordered in a guitar on tonight?
My bass has been in customs since monday and im impatient as hell.
How long does it typically take to come through? I want to play so bad lol.

also, if this thread is still around (and not to old/dead), ill post pics when i get, hopefully.

Finally quick Q
I have Amplitube 3,are you able to download custom amp modulations for bass?
Thanks in advanced!
I ordered some wood for a guitar about a month back and it took about 2-3 days to clear customs from memory. But I'm guessing it all comes down to how much they have to sort through and how many smoko breaks everyone's taking.
Yeah, turns out now i have to declare it because its over 1000 bucks. its pretty bullshit. now i need to wait another 5 or so days before the paperwork gets processed then wait for it to go from there to my post office. **** me
you'll also get taxed for it
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What??? how much?
I dont see why, it costs like 50 bucks to submit the damn form, which has all the info on it on the package anyway!
if it's over 1000AU you have to pay GST on it
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Right. Since the start of the year I've imported three basses. Two from the US and one from Japan and the only one I had trouble with was the Japan one. Basically Australian Customs are cracking down on people having sellers under declare the value of the item to be under that $1000AUD and not have to pay any taxes.
My MIJ Jazz got held and I had to provide reciepts and invoices before they'd send it on to me. Seeing as I could prove i paid under that 1000 and sent off everything quickly I didn't get charged anything. Customs aren't stupid. They do do thier research and they're not going to believe you're importing a Alembic or something like that for $600.
If your bass is being held at customs you should probably expect a letter in the mail from Auspot in the next couple of days, it may or may not happen. If it does you'll have to go through everything I did with the Japan Jazz.
Feel free to message me if you end up needing help with Customs, they're the most unhelpful pack of cunts I've ever had to deal with in my life.
I hope my post helped.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Right. Since the start of the year I've imported three basses. Two from the US and one from Japan and the only one I had trouble with was the Japan one. Basically Australian Customs are cracking down on people having sellers under declare the value of the item to be under that $1000AUD and not have to pay any taxes.
My MIJ Jazz got held and I had to provide reciepts and invoices before they'd send it on to me. Seeing as I could prove i paid under that 1000 and sent off everything quickly I didn't get charged anything. Customs aren't stupid. They do do thier research and they're not going to believe you're importing a Alembic or something like that for $600.
If your bass is being held at customs you should probably expect a letter in the mail from Auspot in the next couple of days, it may or may not happen. If it does you'll have to go through everything I did with the Japan Jazz.
Feel free to message me if you end up needing help with Customs, they're the most unhelpful pack of cunts I've ever had to deal with in my life.
I hope my post helped.

hahaha thanks, sent the forms off already. now to wait for them to get round to looking at it then sending the bass off to my post office. god damn
They told me it was going to take two weeks to process but the bass showed up three days later so hopefully you wont have to wait too long!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB