Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Im going to be a roadie for a friends band, i was wondering what kind of kit i should put together to bring with me. Im going to bring tools to change strings, zip ties, flash light, and some extra nuts for the input jacks since those always fall off, but what else do you find your self needing at gigs?
Tape, fuses, tubes, strings, surge protector, batteries, patch cords,speaker cable, extension cord, tuning fork. Drum key.
pliers, screwdrivers, never know when yur going to need those
should also have stuff to care of the amps extra tubes and fuses depending on what the band needs
Thanks for the fast advice! Dont have extra tubes because i personally dont own any tube amps but thats not a bad idea.
Gaffer tape, sidecutters, soldering iron, solder, multimeter, spare tubes, assorted plugs and adapters, set of Allen keys, fuses, string winder, flashlight, pointy nose Leatherman (actually a Gerber version), screwdrivers, small shifter (monkey wrench?), flashlight.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't think a monkey wrench is what you'd want to bring to a gig, Cath.

Shifter = adjustable wrench = spanner = crescent wrench:

Monkey wrench:

I mean, unless your gigs are a whole lot interesting than I'd anticipate? I assume it's a difference in language/terminology.
it's aussie land man. just try beating a man to death with one of those crescent things.

the right tool for the right job colin
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yeah Roc, the top one. We call them shifters. I didn't know what yanks called them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think a monkey wrench is what you'd want to bring to a gig, Cath.

Monkey wrench:

I mean, unless your gigs are a whole lot interesting than I'd anticipate? I assume it's a difference in language/terminology.

I dunno, some of the gigs I've played in the past, one or several of them would have been handy. Our drummer carried a 22 pistol.

Anyway...
Tubes
Tape (various kinds)
Soldering iron and solder and related tools
Screwdrivers
Cresent wrench
Vise Grips
Cables spares for everything.
Power Strips/conditioners
Velcro
Flashlights
Batteries
String/rope
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 17, 2011,
I usually take:

Screwdrivers
Valves
Leads for everything
Spare tapes for CopiCat
Electrical tape
Alan keys
Fuses
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Tom 1.0

ahaha
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
Batteries, picks and...................................... a hand, incase mine falls off.