Page 1 of 2
With all this talk of this Japan nuclear meltdown one would think that this is a huge deal. Why? People in the United States are going crazy buying iodine tabs and stuff. Does everyone know that more than 2000 nuclear bombs have been detonated since their birth and over a 1000 by the United States on US soil, mainly Nevada. We have no studies of where all this radioactive waste went and it could be in the drinking water. So why is one little meltdown a big deal? Hell, look how close Las Vegas is to these testing sites,, yet its a huge city with millions visiting and living.

So what's the beef? And why hasn't nuclear fallout happened?
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
I randomly found all the craters on google earth when I was like 13 or 14. I though I had discovered something big...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
the NWO want to keep it under cover so they bribe the media with lawsuits over national security and they prevent the scientists from getting grants to do the research.they intend to slowly poison the population enough to shorten their lives and impede their brain function but not enough to give them radiation sickness outright. the evidence is out there, you just have to dig to find it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
If you've been eating mushrooms all day on a tour of Vegas, and then all of a sudden you see a HUGE mushroom cloud on the horizon, that would really mess up your day.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by Eggmond
the NWO want to keep it under cover so they bribe the media with lawsuits over national security and they prevent the scientists from getting grants to do the research.they intend to slowly poison the population enough to shorten their lives and impede their brain function but not enough to give them radiation sickness outright. the evidence is out there, you just have to dig to find it

DAMN IT HOGAN GET OFF MY WCW.

But yeah TS the NTS probably has one of the highest levels of concentration in the the world.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

But yeah TS the NTS probably has one of the highest levels of concentration in the the world.

Why don't we quarantine it? Why can tourists visit it? Why are we so afraid of Japan when we have this area that's so ****ed up.

Is nuclear fuel that much worse than a nuclear bomb?
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69
Why don't we quarantine it? Why can tourists visit it? Why are we so afraid of Japan when we have this area that's so ****ed up.

Is nuclear fuel that much worse than a nuclear bomb?

Because a lot of the testing was done underground or in shafts so most of the really messed up stuff is underground or in the water.

Why you can visit the place is the same reason you can visit Pripyat. A single visit most likely won't be enough of a dose to get radiation poisoning.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by guitar-guy69
With all this talk of this Japan nuclear meltdown one would think that this is a huge deal. Why? People in the United States are going crazy buying iodine tabs and stuff. Does everyone know that more than 2000 nuclear bombs have been detonated since their birth and over a 1000 by the United States on US soil, mainly Nevada. We have no studies of where all this radioactive waste went and it could be in the drinking water. So why is one little meltdown a big deal? Hell, look how close Las Vegas is to these testing sites,, yet its a huge city with millions visiting and living.

looool
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
looool

??
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

PANIC BUY!!!!!11oneone1eleventyone1!
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by DecaPodge
*NUCLEAR ALERT THINGY*

PANIC BUY!!!!!11oneone1eleventyone1!

I would if it wasn't made in some third wirld country...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'cause none of them can stop the time...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
My dad did an experiment when he was in high school where he got a radiation counter thing (forgot the word, don't judge ) and compared the levels pre and post a nuclear test. He was in a major city (adelaide) quite a way away from the site of the test. There was no noticeable difference.

TL;DR my dads a nerd.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

In a nutshell the damage will be localised. Chernobyl, although terrible, was localised. The Times newspaper here in the UK ran an editorial about the fact that people are panicking when in reality nuclear power is one of the safest fuel sources.

Now, that may be because Murdock owns several nuclear plants, I don't know. But seriously, in the future, don't build nuclear power plants on fault lines.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by ICOG
My dad did an experiment when he was in high school where he got a radiation counter thing (forgot the word, don't judge ) and compared the levels pre and post a nuclear test. He was in a major city (adelaide) quite a way away from the site of the test. There was no noticeable difference.

TL;DR my dads a nerd.

But that's australia. You guys don't have nearly the nukes nevada does. The nevada test site has around 928 nuclear bombs detonated there.
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

I'm not worried about Nuclear Fallout, I've been training for years on how to survive in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland filled with bandits and mutants by playing the Fallout series. I have also stashed away a total of 4,314 bottlecaps to trade with vendors and I have several cases of Nuka-Cola ready.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by guitar-guy69
??

Iodine tablets in this case are stupid. The radiation isn't going to be of any harm if it reaches America.

Frankly, taking them now would cause more damage to you than not taking them.
Quote by Scutchington
I'm not worried about Nuclear Fallout, I've been training for years on how to survive in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland filled with bandits and mutants by playing the Fallout series. I have also stashed away a total of 4,314 bottlecaps to trade with vendors and I have several cases of Nuka-Cola ready.

Same here. I've also been trying to improve my relationship with several of the major factions, so people don't just shoot me on sight.
Quote by severed-metal
Iodine tablets in this case are stupid. The radiation isn't going to be of any harm if it reaches America.

Frankly, taking them now would cause more damage to you than not taking them.

I know that's the point I;m trying to make with the thread. It's stupid people are worrying about this reactor blowing up, for radiation levels at least, in America where we've had almost 1000 nukes on our soil. So why buy iodine tabs and worry about radioactivity now when living in a waste land like nevada.

Not saying that the Japan situation isn't serious, but people need to calm down about radiation and everything.
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

"A person is smart. People are stupid." Getting my education about life in general from Men in Black has served me pretty well so far
Quote by guitar-guy69

"We have no idea, so it must be this" Behold, ladies and gentlemen, the informal fallacy of argument from ignorance.
Lol America

Also:
Quote by nigeltheginger
"A person is smart. People are stupid."

QFT
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by guitar-guy69
I know that's the point I;m trying to make with the thread. It's stupid people are worrying about this reactor blowing up, for radiation levels at least, in America where we've had almost 1000 nukes on our soil. So why buy iodine tabs and worry about radioactivity now when living in a waste land like nevada.

Not saying that the Japan situation isn't serious, but people need to calm down about radiation and everything.

You do realize the vast majority of those were conducted 2 to 3 miles underground don't you? That there was no release of atmospheric radiation from any of those underground tests? That a nuclear reactor melting down will put nuclear contamination in the air and ground water that will make the location uninhabitable for years to come? That the people in jeopardy from contamination have no means to escape their locality due to the surrounding infrastructure being recently wiped off the planet? That you are comparing apples and bullshit? I hope you realize this.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm an expert on nuclear energy. I've written a paper on hiroshima and nagasaki and I know a lot about nuclear shiz.

There isn't a lot of fallout from the old nuke tests in the nevada desert because they were controled tests. A meltdown is not controled. The key word is controled here.

People in the U.S. are panicking because wind blows radiation/fallout across the globe.

Also there is a big difference between fallout and radiation. Fallout is created when a bomb detonates and throws dust and debris into the air. This dust becomes contaminated with radiation and "falls out" of the sky.

If you live on the west coast you should be afraid because to make things worse the earthquake moved japan like 4 inches closer to the US.

Also the USS Ronald Regan was like 100 miles off the coast of japan and it was picking up like the same amount of radiation you naturally are exposed to in a month.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
I'm an expert on nuclear energy. I've written a paper on hiroshima and nagasaki and I know a lot about nuclear shiz.

I'm an expert on sanitary disposal. I do a paper on it every day.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
People in Japan who live near the power plant facing meltdown should be worried, people in America who are worried about themselves are just plain silly
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
You do realize the vast majority of those were conducted 2 to 3 miles underground don't you? That there was no release of atmospheric radiation from any of those underground tests? That a nuclear reactor melting down will put nuclear contamination in the air and ground water that will make the location uninhabitable for years to come? That the people in jeopardy from contamination have no means to escape their locality due to the surrounding infrastructure being recently wiped off the planet? That you are comparing apples and bullshit? I hope you realize this.

Ok they were conducted underground.. How is that not worse? It's still contaminating the ground. And their were still like 20 above ground. I don't see how a site with one nuclear meltdown can be worse than a site where 1000 bombs were detonated.
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69
Ok they were conducted underground.. How is that not worse? It's still contaminating the ground. And their were still like 20 above ground. I don't see how a site with one nuclear meltdown can be worse than a site where 1000 bombs were detonated.

Quote by IdkWhatImDoing

There isn't a lot of fallout from the old nuke tests in the nevada desert because they were controled tests. A meltdown is not controled. The key word is controled here.

People in the U.S. are panicking because wind blows radiation/fallout across the globe.

Also there is a big difference between fallout and radiation. Fallout is created when a bomb detonates and throws dust and debris into the air. This dust becomes contaminated with radiation and "falls out" of the sky.

If you live on the west coast you should be afraid because to make things worse the earthquake moved japan like 4 inches closer to the US.

Also the USS Ronald Regan was like 100 miles off the coast of japan and it was picking up like the same amount of radiation you naturally are exposed to in a month.

No nuclear explosion can be completely controlled
Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

2 or 3 miles underground.

Some mole people got killed but that was the extent of it. Picture a mile. Picture it's length. Now imagine it vertically from the ground down.

Well, it's because air-bursted (detonation at >1000 ft) atomic weapons and those detonated deep underground cause little to no nuclear fallout (definition: Irradiated particles that shed dangerous amounts of radiation, fallout does not refer to the radiation itself) and any radiation created by the blast subsides in a few hours. While it would have been dangerous to go to the test site minutes or hours afterwards, it would only be a few days before background radiation returns to normal. It's the same reason people began to rebuild Hiroshima and Nagasaki only a few weeks after the bombings.

What's really dangerous would be bombs that are detonated at ground level or that are buried under a few feet of soil. These bombs would pick up much, much more material to irradiate and spread across large areas of land. Fortunately, this kind of test was discontinued in 1954, after the Castle Bravo test, and all following atmospheric tests were of the air-burst variety.

It's widely believed in the Nuclear Weapons community that if nuclear war would occur, and if both sides would restrict their attacks to air-bursted atomic weapons, that there would be a great many fewer casualties and survivability would be high among those who were not immediately exposed to radiation.

The Nuclear Plant in Japan, however, is much more dangerous, because it is a sustained nuclear reaction, which is constantly producing radiation and therefore constantly producing fallout. Because of that, it is capable of releasing more fallout than even a million air-bursted atom bombs combined.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by TheBurningFish
2 or 3 miles underground.

Some mole people got killed but that was the extent of it. Picture a mile. Picture it's length. Now imagine it vertically from the ground down.

Yeah, underground. Near water. Just because it's underground doesn't mean it magically reduces all effects of a nuclear blast.

Also the bombs that were tourist attractions in las vegas.

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

Quote by guitar-guy69

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Atoll
Still considered a dangerous place to live.
Unless you're a troll, 2 to 3 miles underground in the middle of a desert in Nevada wasn't very habitable to begin with.
There was a reason the atmospheric test ban treaty was signed. In the late 40s and early 50s the effects of radiation were largely unknown or misunderstood.
How can you possibly try to minimize the effects of a massive release of radiation on a highly populated area?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by guitar-guy69
Yeah, underground. Near water. Just because it's underground doesn't mean it magically reduces all effects of a nuclear blast.

Also the bombs that were tourist attractions in las vegas.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Exercise_Desert_Rock_I_%28Buster-Jangle_Dog%29_002.jpg/300px-Exercise_Desert_Rock_I_%28Buster-Jangle_Dog%29_002.jpg[/MG]

No, not magically.

Quote by Eggmond
the NWA want to keep it under cover so they bribe the media with lawsuits over national security and they prevent the scientists from getting grants to do the research.they intend to slowly poison the population enough to shorten their lives and impede their brain function but not enough to give them radiation sickness outright. the evidence is out there, you just have to dig to find it

EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing

Do you pay attention to half the shit that falls out of your mouth?

Quote by Scutchington

Want to play a hand of caravan?
Page 1 of 2