Hey. I recently posted few days ago about a mulitfx processor. Well i have a new query i would like to know which config would work the best

Digitech Rp500 or BOSS ME70 with Ibanez GA10 amp
Digitech Rp500 or BOSS ME70 through the computer or headphones
New amp (most likely a VT15 or a Gdec15) with a some boss or Digitech Pedals

thanks for ur help
Get an amp. But as soon as you can, the me-70......best multi effects board around.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
What styles are you trying to get at? And total budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
'm considering getting a roland 15 or 20x 2nd hand so i have decent sound quality and the mfx for versatility
Quote by /OOM
Get an amp. But as soon as you can, the me-70......best multi effects board around.

Distortions on it are terrible.

Get the RP500. High gain models arent perfect, but mid and low gain ones are really really nice.
If you want more emphasis on high gain, but can live with so so low/mid gain, POD HD300.

Or skip all that and get a Peavey Vypyr. Vypyr 30 + Sanpera i should be about as much as an RP or POD.
the forum seems to be pretty focused on getting a new amp which i agree provided -
u take ur current ibanez amp and try it out in the shop. If marginal reduction in quality -> Keep; If a lot of diff -> buy amp (which can also be done later). I think diversity of sounds should be more important than quality of sound if ur practicing a lot at home esp considering that its so easy to switch amps later on. You can easily buy a decent roland amp 2nd hand to pick up the slack.

In regards to
New amp (most likely a VT15 or a Gdec15) with a some boss or Digitech Pedals option. Im not sure whether this will give equivilant experience in terms of versatility though it will probably give a better (how much better cant say - need to see in shop) tone. In terms of versatility amps dont come close to multfunction effect boxes since they can be switched while playing and can off course give a lot of different sounds.

Keep in mind if nothing works and ur left with just ur effects panel u can hook it up and play it via ur comp usb which is a win as well. Dont hook it up via sound card since in my experience it introduces a lot of lag though i was using 3.5 mm connections and not optical which might make a diff.

In conclusion focus on getting effects panel and then fit in amp/computing accordingly.
450 for panel + 50-70 for second hand roland or even vox pathfinder 10 . Just my 2c, what does the rest of the world say ?

EDIT: A few practice amps that seem to be popular are roland cube 15xl (even a 15x would do in this context); vox pathfinder 10 and fender mustang 1. But im not sure which one will suit you the best in this case.
Last edited by rockguitar567 at Mar 17, 2011,
we got the rp500. it takes some time to get used to. I decided to get the amp in a few months time. I'm considering maybe a 4-10 watt tube amp like a vox ac4tv etc. thanks for your help. The panel did sound good with the ibanez. do u guys reccomend any budget priced tube amps
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Distortions on it are terrible.

Get the RP500. High gain models arent perfect, but mid and low gain ones are really really nice.
If you want more emphasis on high gain, but can live with so so low/mid gain, POD HD300.

Or skip all that and get a Peavey Vypyr. Vypyr 30 + Sanpera i should be about as much as an RP or POD.

Depends what kind of amp you run it through. Also it's best to not use the pre-amp on it. Then it's very good.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.