I recently purchased a Xaviere XV-870. I wanted a cheap strat that had a good build, since ive never had a strat and this is only for a small project. If it turns into more ill just get a nicer strat.

Im a Schecter/Fernandes player, and i like the upper end of those so i have grown really picky on pickups. I played a fender strat in the local music store the other day, but it didnt have 3 single coils, it had 2 humbuckers (maybe a single too, but i didnt pay attention). They were both Seymour Duncans. I know one was a pearly gates. The guy told me what the other one was. It was some guys name, but i cant find a name i recognize on duncans site. i'll head back there today to see if i can find out for sure.

but anyway, ive never seen a strat with humbuckers before. is it possible to mod that, or did they get it like that custom? Is it a difficult thing to do or simple? i loved the sound it had and i would like to do it to my guitar that is currently in the mail if at all possible.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
they make mini humbuckers that will fit in a single coil slot. or you could route the body and pickguard for the full sized humbucker (this requires a bit of woodworking skills but it isnt hard).

check out the Seymour duncan hot rails, lil jb, lil 59, theres a ton of them. that'd be the easiest way to get the humbukcer sound
Sometimes they body will be routed for humbuckers, but will have a pickguard that holds single coils. Take the pickgaurd off and have a look.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Sometimes they body will be routed for humbuckers, but will have a pickguard that holds single coils. Take the pickgaurd off and have a look.

Yep, almost always. Do this before deciding on anything else - all you'd need is a new pickguard routed for HSS.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
I just contacted the manufacturer and they said this guitar has "swimming pool routs" and that all i would need is a new pickguard. So my new question: My local music store says they'll charge me 60 bucks plus the pickups to change these. Can i do it myself? I want A duncan pearly gates and possibly a JB. i think the guy called the second pickup a Jeff Beck, stupid me.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin