Page 1 of 2
So what will it do, recognize the notes as you play them or something?

I've also been wondering, are there any guitars (surely there must be) which instead of having strings, simply have buttons on the frets (6 on each fret, 22-24 frets) which play the note when you hit them? I could have sworn I saw one for teaching ages ago but I can't think where or when.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
HOly crap, their strings are floppy. Seriously, are they tuned in B standard with 9's or something?
I don't know whether to facepalm or say cool story........i'm in the middle, let's see what happens
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Cheap alternative to a guitar teacher. Hopefully we see a resurgence of guitarists.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Probably will have all easy songs. seems pretty scetchy on this might actually work.

Then in about 3 years they will have the drums bass and everything with it
Quote by Baby Joel
HOly crap, their strings are floppy. Seriously, are they tuned in B standard with 9's or something?

that was just because of the slow motion

your strings always move like that you just dont realize it because your eyes cant process movements that fast so they just look blurry

kind of like looking at the wheels of other cars when your on the highway and noticing that it looks like theyr turning slowly

OP,
i think ill have to see some gameplay before i decide whether or not i like this... from what ive seen it looks somewhat... ugly, for lack of a better word.

also a song list
Last edited by rickyj at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by Baby Joel

Hold your guitar in front of a TV screen (turned on) so that you can see the television behind the strings, then pluck the strings and look through them at the TV.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by DecaPodge

I've also been wondering, are there any guitars (surely there must be) which instead of having strings, simply have buttons on the frets (6 on each fret, 22-24 frets) which play the note when you hit them? I could have sworn I saw one for teaching ages ago but I can't think where or when.

The Casio digital guitar is kinda like that.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I'm interested by the 'any' guitar thing.

I thought Rock Band 3's Pro Mode was an amazing idea; it would bridge the gap between the 5 colour dot guitarists and real guitarists, getting people who started on Guitar Hero into real guitar. It's only flaw, and it was a deadly one, is that it was so hard and expensive to actually GET Pro Mode. The real Squier guitar for it only just came out this month. Rock Band 3 has been out for what, half a year? And they only just now released the real Pro Guitar?

I mean, you could get the Mustang since near release, but who wants the guitar shaped MIDI controller when the real MIDI guitar was on the way?

Anyway, you could also make the point that if the plastic guitarists were gonna move onto real guitar, they would have already: I am one of those people! I played Guitar Hero for 2 years, finally decided to man up, and am now... a very bad guitarist. But I had no delusions about it; just because I tear shit up on GH/RB, didn't mean I'd be any good at guitar. And so when I hit the brick wall that is learning guitar, I didn't rage quit. :P

So yeah, as one of those people who made the switch, I can see how good a game like this would be for Guitar Hero players looking to learn real guitar. But I also feel like they should've done it the hard way like anyone else inspired by GH/RB to learn real guitar. >.>
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Quote by DecaPodge
Hold your guitar in front of a TV screen (turned on) so that you can see the television behind the strings, then pluck the strings and look through them at the TV.

How would one see the tv through the guitar?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by DecaPodge

Some MIDI guitar controllers do, like the Rock Band Pro Guitar and I believe a few others.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How would one see the tv through the guitar?

Uhm... lay it on its back and look across the top?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
IGN have a pretty good write up on this game (linked below). I don't know if I would ever go out and spend money on this but I do admire what they are trying to do. I have read hundreds of comments in the past few years stating "I'm just waiting for when I can use a REAL guitar (for Guitar Hero/Rockband)" and the developers have obviously listened.

I wouldn't expect anyone to learn how to play the guitar from scratch with this game, but it does seem that interactive gaming will have an interesting future.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1177017p2.html
Quote by Gerard_xD
Who walks about without shoes? You're lucky she didn't arrest you.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I think it's interesting.

But I think it might end up adding a layer of unnecessary visualisation for people who get into playing guitar using the game.

'Ok, uh, an F.'

*recalls the F shape from the game*
Last edited by triface at Jun 20, 2011,
No Wii version or PC version... Anyone know where I can get a cheap Xbox 360?

EDIT: Looks like there is going to be a PC version.

Just watched some more videos. Looks like these guys have their arse covered against every UGer retort. For one thing, you can whammy and bend and stuff between hitting notes and you won't be penalised, as long as you hit the notes already there. Also, it gradually add more notes as you get better, rather than having four manual difficulty levels.

It all looks pretty interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ8JmqBCWoc
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
Last edited by MetaIronForce at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by triface

I think it's interesting.

But I think it might end up adding a layer of unnecessary visualisation for people who get into playing guitar using the game.

'Ok, uh, an F.'

*recalls the F shape from the game*

thats how you play is it not

'Ok, an F'

*recalls the F shape from the lessons*

does it really matter, i learned to play piano without actually touching one, granted im nowhere near any good, but i get by. did that by learning my scales visually off score, then transferred it across.

visualisation is how some people learn. some people cant learn by being told how to do something
i'm Ginger its fun
I think what really makes this game a nice tool for guitarists (at least in potential) is the gamification aspect of it. People are naturally competitive and gaming aspects motivate participation. I mean just look at stuff like Foursquare or GetGlue. By turning practicing into a game with score measurements and all that, practicing becomes more fun. Heck they could even add in options to share progress with friends via Facebook, Twitter etc. As a social media junky I sure hope they do ;-)

Remains the question if they can make the whole thing work and feel natural and not awkward. I for one will definetly pick this up once it's out.
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Bump of this thread. I saw the game on youtube. It said the game picks up on the sound so your guitar has to be in proper tuning. How do they expect to have a large variety of songs considering if your guitar is set up for E standard tuning it would be hard to drop the tuning really low if your guitar in not intonated to that. I don't know how well this game will work.
It looked interesting until I looked up the setlist for the game...uhh no thanks.
Quote by Minkaro
Sadly, this.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys

sure there's Kings Of Leon, which is gross, but there's Radiohead, STP, QOTSA, Pixies, Soundgarden, RED FANG...

But how are they going to do Go With The Flow? Surely they're not expecting everyone to tune all the way down to C standard for one song.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Minkaro
I'll give you Soundgarden and STP, I suppose.

ಠ_ಠ
I notice Radiohead and QOTSA aren't in there.

Typo, or what, brah?
Quote by L2112Lif
Radiohead's High and Dry is on the list... Typo or what, brah?

I noticed that QOTSA isn't though.

No, he said "I'll give you STP and Soundgarden."

He didn't say Radiohead or QOTSA. And Go With The Flow is on the list, btw.
Wow, I can't believe rhythm games are still selling.

Seeing as how that fad came and went long ago.
666 BRO
I played this a few months back at a Demo booth at Warped. it was incredibly boring and the guitar was shit, which was surprising as it was a Musicman

Regardless from what I've seen it supplements actual chords for easier maneuvering for starters.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
What exactly is the point of buying this game again? I can play guitar without plunking down $60 and whatever it costs for the adapter thingy you'll inevitably have to buy for it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I played this a few months back at a Demo booth at Warped. it was incredibly boring and the guitar was shit, which was surprising as it was a Musicman

Dude I played it at Warped too and the guitar's tone made me want to sex. It was soooooo good.

But the game was kinda boring and when I played I had to tremolo pick a note to get it to register, was lame.

It felt pretty awesome to improvise over the song though, it was some bluesy song so I pentatonic'd all over that bitch, really fun!
Quote by Weaponized
Dude I played it at Warped too and the guitar's tone made me want to sex. It was soooooo good.

But the game was kinda boring and when I played I had to tremolo pick a note to get it to register, was lame.

It felt pretty awesome to improvise over the song though, it was some bluesy song so I pentatonic'd all over that bitch, really fun!

The tone through the game was Meh, I never liked musicmans to begin with. Only the basses I really like.

I had some rap song, with power chords in the background for what I played. It was too monogamous. after a while I just started playing random scales.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Page 1 of 2