Page 1 of 2
After months of waiting, I finally got an email telling me my new guitar had arrived!

Hmm, I wonder what could be inside

Ohh, lovely case!

But! When I opened it up, I was in for a bit of a surprise!

Huh!?

I ordered a guitar, and all I got was this T-Shirt!!!!
Last edited by littlephil at Mar 17, 2011,
Oh, wait. I found something else!

Free of the plastic

Beautiful birdseye neck!

Thats right, a MusicMan JP7 in Candy Red
Not bad for a first 7

Specs;
Basswood body
Birdseye maple neck
Rosewood fretboard with JP Shield inlays
Custom MusicMan JP trem
Schaller locking tuners
CrunchLab & Liquifire pickups
Piezo pickups

Review; Its 11pm here, so I haven't really had a chance to give it a go properly, but it feels amazing so far. Great setup from the factory, I'm gonna tweak the action and intonation a little tomorrow. Its also got 10's on it currently, I'm going to put 9's on there.

The body is incredibly comfortable. The forearm scoop is perfectly placed, and gives you plenty of room for your arm.
The neck has a wide, flat profile, and its very comfortable too. Its a little thicker than an Ibanez Wizard or something, but it feels much better. The neck itself is finished with oil & wax and is extremely smooth and easy to play on.

The pickups are great. The CrunchLab is hot but articulate, and cleans up very nicely. Nice and tight, and fairly even sounding. The Liquifire is perfect for smooth soloing, a little bit scooped sounding but it works very well. The middle position (inner coils only) is great for cleans.
While obviously not ideal, the piezo sounded great through the clean channel of my Mark IV. It gives you nice plugged-in-acoustic tones, and you can also blend the piezo and magnetic pickup signals too for even more versatility.

The trem is very stable, it stays in tune with heavy use, flutters nicely and its not as sensitive as some Floyds can be (which is a good thing, it makes vibrato much easier and more controllable)

Overall, an incredibly well built guitar, with some great features. I may be a little bit of a JP fanboy ( ) but I'd definitely recommend this guitar.
Case alone is worth it.

Glad you found a case for your Charvel though dude

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
SOMEONE'S GOT BIG BALLS.

Back on topic, nice guitar bro!

We'd like a video please.
Good to know where you live

And damn, sexy sexy sexy
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
My musicman didn't come with string wipers =( I got the same case though, and a polish cloth in it =)
Glad you like it! even though I don't play it that much, my Musicman Silhouette is the best guitar I've ever laid my hands on, it actually feels like jewelry!
Enjoy that babe, bro!
what other accessories did you get with it?
HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Goddamn it dude, I think i've fallen in love. Better inform my now ex-girlfriend of the news.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
MMM I love them JP Music Mans.

You're too far away from me so when your guitar does get jacked by someone here it wasn't me.

HNGD
(looks at guitar)
Durr durr another musicman.
(notices bridge pickup has a blade)
Wait a sec.....blade?
(remembers a certain someone who has a blade pickup in the bridge)
Wait wait wait....is it? Can it be?
(Notices the little P on the first fret)
OMFG! IS IT????
(see's signature)
OMFG! IT IS!
(notices nut has seven tuners)
(jizzes in pants)
Quote by TheQuailman
Smart move letting us see your address. This guitar won't be in your possession for long, lol.

HNGD while it lasts!

+1 lol

you should really blank that out, lol

But awesome guitar. Haven't tried a petrucci model, but the Musicmans/men I have tried were totally awesome guitars. EDIT: love the birdseye on the neck

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sexier than the bar maid after about six whiskey sours.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I want to hear the piezo. Sweet guitar.

and I added you to my xmass card list. Lol
7 strings of win, grats dude
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Ibanez MTM2 white (Blackout AHB-3)
Squier "custom" strat (Hot Slag)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w 112
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
Quote by biga29
Quote by littlephil
XXXXX (soon to be revealed) - $3500 AUD

Some sort of Ernie Ball JP 7 string?

I was right!!

Happy sick new guitar day!
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Darkflame
My musicman didn't come with string wipers =( I got the same case though, and a polish cloth in it =)
Glad you like it! even though I don't play it that much, my Musicman Silhouette is the best guitar I've ever laid my hands on, it actually feels like jewelry!
Enjoy that babe, bro!
what other accessories did you get with it?

I think they've only started including the Wonder Wipes recently. I also got some stickers and a T-Shirt (but the shirt was from the dealer, it doesn't usually come with the guitar I don't think)
Too bad the shirt is way too big
Quote by adj209
HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Goddamn it dude, I think i've fallen in love. Better inform my now ex-girlfriend of the news.

Unfortunately, this babe is taken, and I don't think a love triangle would work very well

I've edited out my address now, so no-one steal it

Thanks guys! I'll get some better pics today, the colour is really hard to capture properly.
I never really liked JPs music man guitar shape to be honest. But holy mother of crap that thing looks gorgeous. ... I'm currently experiencing a large number of emotions.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Hnnnnnnnnghhhhhhhhhhh
-drools all over the planet-
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Awesome guitar dude, that birdseye looks nice. HNGD!!!
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Holy radical string break angle, Batman...! But I reckon EBMM knows what they're doing with that design...

Nice acquisition. Congratulations.
ow littlephill you must be very happy now!!!!!!!!!!!
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by Tom 1.0
Case alone is worth it.

Glad you found a case for your Charvel though dude

Yeah, no kidding, makes my guitar case look like trash, which, it kinda does...it's seen alot of abuse over the years...

Nice guitar, didn't know Music Man made 7 string guitars.

Quote by Pikka Bird
Holy radical string break angle, Batman...! But I reckon EBMM knows what they're doing with that design...

Nice acquisition. Congratulations.

Yeah, the angle on the G is pretty shallow. No problems with it though, tension is fine, it stays in tune fine and it sounds fine too.
Its mostly because its a 7, on the 6's the angle is steeper because the headstock is shorter.

Ethan, the JP's are the only 7's they make. They do make some beautiful 6's though, I've got my eye on a Steve Morse Y2D now
Yeah, I've been reading, but no posting
I'm back for awhile now, so yeah
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Page 1 of 2