So, I want a new amp. I would love to have a stack amplifier, but im short on cash. Max 1100 dollars. I was looking at Dean Dime 412+100 Stack, But not a single store sold the Dime 100 head. Anyone knows about cheap metal stack amplifiers? As i said , max 1100 dollars. My other option is a Peavey 6560+112 Combo, but if anyone knows a better stack please tell me.
2nd hand 6505 and a harley benton 212 with V30s, probably the best you will find on your budget.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
How much is the budget in Euros? (Since you are located in Europe)

What you could get for the money would be:
- Blackstar HT-20/100
- Jet City JCA50/100
- Orange Thunder 30
- Bugera 333/6262 (not very reliable/durable amps though)

One of those with a 2x12 cab with V30's would do the job if you want a cheap but good stack. Other than that for your budget you should look into combos too IMO.
My budget is 750 euros. Maybe a bit more. And it doesnt necessarily have to be metal amp, blues or rock amps suit fine. And the pavey 6560 combo is my second option, thats only 540 euros.
Quote by guitar/bass95
My budget is 750 euros. Maybe a bit more. And it doesnt necessarily have to be metal amp, blues or rock amps suit fine. And the pavey 6560 combo is my second option, thats only 540 euros.

Well, better look for combos at that budget, seriously.
Other than that: what Tom said if you find a 6505 used.
Believe it or not The Peavy Valveking is Really Great for The Price I just Bought One and I love It Its $899.00 USD Brand New after that you got money to buy the channel switcher and up the warrenty..... I love my valking its loud has a sweet clean channel and The Lead Channel Is Really Good, Add a Overdrive pedal to put a little more balls to the walls in the gain and you got a great Amp for metal.

P.S I play Tech, Prog, Death metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkB-XfEKo0
(Stuff Like this)
since no one has asked why do you feel you need a half stack? the 6505 combo is decent for metal with no help needed for extra distortion. it's not the best but it is affordable. the valveking is a pretty good amp depending on how much gain you need. the 2x12 combo is 100 watts and would be a good substitute for a stack. bear in mind that both of these peavey's are budget amps and won't sound as good as the higher end ones.
ok, thanks for information. Im happy to get any other amp than my roland. Ill probaply stick with the 6560
Yeah those, Despite what people say the valvking is a great Head and a 112 ^505 may be great but even then the 6505 112 has less tubes overdrive that the head or the 212 or even the valveking It personell Preferance in the end but id buy the VK-100 Especially cause i cant afford the 6505 and i'll never but a second hand amp
Quote by guitar/bass95
No i cant. thats the problem here. everything costs too much.

if you get a combo, you can get better. Cheap half-stacks suck and are a way to rip you out of your money. I bought a Crate half-stack 3 or 4 years ago because it was the best bargain in the world (or so I thought... a half-stack for 500 bucks, it was amazing wasn't it) and in the end, though the clean channel is beautiful (and the reason I bought it), the head crapped out on me 3 times and I had to get it replaced by the warranty. The one I have currently is half-dead and I can't replace it anymore. The drive channels suck. For barely more than the Crate half-stack, I later on bought a Traynor YCV40wr and it is one hell of an amp.

Having a half-stack only means you have more speakers, that's the only real difference. You won't even be louder, bro, you'll just have a fuller sound.
What do you like better, a full crappy sound or a nice good sound?
Quote by InVainmetal
Yeah those, Despite what people say the valvking is a great Head and a 112 ^505 may be great but even then the 6505 112 has less tubes overdrive that the head or the 212 or even the valveking It personell Preferance in the end but id buy the VK-100 Especially cause i cant afford the 6505 and i'll never buy a second hand amp

why not? used amps are usually a great bargain as long as it's a quality amp to begin with. I got a mint mark IV with 212 recto cab for about half of what the head alone sold for new. Maybe you had a bad experience with something you got used, but amps last a LONG time if you take care of them. And it's usually pretty easy to spot the ones that haven't been cared for.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
The VK - 100 is an epic Tube Head dude Not some Peaice of crap crate and you get like a 5yr Extended warrenty from the manufacturer so And Let the dud Choose His own amp i love halving a half Stack vs a 112 or 212 But again personal prefrance I love Emgs and Mahogany Guitars with Thru Finishes on Flamed Maple.... You might not....
Yeah, I mean if you like the VK, then great. Some do, some don't. Though I have to disagree with you on the 412 vs 212. 412's sound great and all, but they are a bitch to haul around. A quality 212 cab will sound just as good as the 412, and be half the size and weight. halfstacks are awesome until you have to start carrying them around a couple times a week.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
i wouldnt buy that dime..... i dont think it would last long it might soung great ut if it looks to good to be true it probly is
well a 212 might work for you but most of the places i gig have no house pa so i need to push the drums and be able to crank out tsome extra noise for me + the audiance
a 2x12 sounds just as loud as a 4x12
I've gigged unmic'd with my 2x12 Twin, volume was at 3 in 25w mode and I was told to turn it down because it was too loud, and my drummer isn't exactly what you'd call soft.
I've also been unmic'd with my 1x12 Traynor, it's a 40w, and once again, it was too loud.

Number of speakers =/= loudness.
well the volume difference between a 212 and 412 is negligeable. You'll have better bass response due to larger total speaker area, but not much more percieved volume.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
THe dean dime thing makes me wanna rage. Damn dean and their exploitation of awesome dead people.

The VK is mediocre, sort of a master of none. Okay cleans, decent crunch, eh higher gain. It needs a boost for metal really, the speakers are very shoddy and the valves could do with a replacement. Dropping all that money for an oversized budget valve amp is daft imo. You dont need 100 watts to be heard, you deffinately dont need a 4x12.

Rockin a 30 watt head with a 1x12 cab personally. I dont have the slightest doubt that it could blow away any elephant-like drummer unmiced.

Its worth a mention really, the orange th30 gets pretty br00tz, and has real nice cleans. Crunch is a bit lacking though other than for stonerydoomy stuff.

And the 65504327987 is pretty much a master of high gain, but subpar at everything else.