I always do a work program in the summer that pulls about $2000. This summer I don't have anyone else to think about spending it on so I'm getting some better gear. I'm wanting a new amp and guitar, both with about a $500-700 range. I know I should spend more on the amp but I don't want to use all my money and I'm tired of my low end guitars.

I'm wanting to play various types of Metal, Alternative, some clean stuff and maybe a little Classic Rock. Metal such as Metallica, Megadeth, Arsis, Death, and maybe some Deathcore type stuff.

I've been looking at the 6505 112, and a few others in that range. The only thing I'm worried about it how loud it gets and how versatile it is. I'll be playing in a dorm and home setting. My friend cranks a Vyper 50w but I have a feeling that's probably the 6505 on 1.

Any other amp recommendations would be great and guitars would be cool too. I like ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, and I like how B.C.'s feel usually. Not sure how their mid range stuff is.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Check out bugera to! Don't know much about metal guitars but i think you should check out the ESP LTD ec 401.
Quote by Callmar
Check out bugera to! Don't know much about metal guitars but i think you should check out the ESP LTD ec 401.

I forgot about Bugera, thanks.

And thanks for the recommendation but I forgot to add, I'm mostly looking for a super strat style or maybe a V or explorer style. But if I see an EC, I'll definitely try it out. Never know.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I've found some MH guitars that I really like. I'm trying to focus on amps right now. Any more suggestions?

The gear for metal thread is responding.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls