Poll: Opinions?
Poll Options
View poll results: Opinions?
Yes my opinion would change and I would automatically dislike the band.
4 9%
No my opinion of them wouldnt change, too bad for the guy who didnt come out with it sooner.
6 13%
I'd be dissapointed but still give them credit for their performance.
36 78%
Voters: 46.
So an idea came across to me today. Would your opinion change of an artist if somebody proved that their music was copied from somebody else?

For example, if right now somebody came out and said "Pink Floyd stole the song Money from me, I have the original lyrics and music and blah blah blah" (and lets say it was proven that PF really did steal the song from that person), would you still think of Pink Floyd as one of those legends of music? Or would you forever hate Pink Floyd because they stole somebodies music and riped off somebody?

Or if they proved Michael Jackson didn't write Billy Jean?

Or if they proved Metallica didnt write One, etc..

This goes for any artist as well, would your opinion of them change? Personally, i'd give them credit for all of their performances of the song, but i'd be very dissapointed that they stole from some dude. Discuss.
pinga
I'd feel quite cheated.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
If you're one of the people that wouldn't like it if their favourite artists plagiarizes, don't start listening to the blues. Or just any pre-60's music.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd be disappointed, and I wouldn't even credit their performances of the song, I would credit all the other material they have done.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I think theres a difference between influence and just straight up theft, no?
pinga