Page 1 of 2
oh ya, I forgot to include we are playing a show several shows (one today) in April and opening up for Sevendust on their Texas tour stops soon. Check us out!
Please, stop fishing for compliments.

"Oh, look at all we have done...but we suck though, right guys?"

Seriously, it is incredibly annoying. This forum is "Promote Your Band", just talk about yourself and let people check it out without pretending to be insecure.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
i liked it, hopefully you guys will be able to open for a band here in Iowa. I would come hear you guys.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by wyldething

Seriously, it is incredibly annoying. This forum is "Promote Your Band", just talk about yourself and let people check it out without pretending to be insecure.

Actually I thought the title was quite interesting, that's why I clicked on it.

Good Job on the title!
Quote by wyldething

lol sorry, just going for teh lulz! I guess I should have titled it "The sweat off our balls is better than any band wyldething will ever play in" or something like that. Nice Martha Stewart avatar by the way!

Anyway I've just uploaded a few more videos from our show last night to Youtube. Feel free to check them out guys!

"World of Fire"

"Voice of The South"

One Day Away
Quote by wyldething

EDIT:
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
lol sorry, just going for teh lulz! I guess I should have titled it "The sweat off our balls is better than any band wyldething will ever play in" or something like that. Nice Martha Stewart avatar by the way!

Any interest I might have had in your band has disappeared. I have to give it to you, though, you've done an incredibly fine job of giving a representation of what you guys are probably like, +1 to that.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by Chris_Parker

EDIT:

Any interest I might have had in your band has disappeared. I have to give it to you, though, you've done an incredibly fine job of giving a representation of what you guys are probably like, +1 to that.

Dude relax, it's just a guitar forum, not a board room! Here, take two of these and post back in the morning -

Quote by iceh88
i liked it, hopefully you guys will be able to open for a band here in Iowa. I would come hear you guys.

thanks man! And ya man that's certainly the goal! Just got a new vid uploaded from the show Thursday night -

She's Transparent
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Frankly, yes.

I feel like you guys are trying too hard to be Avenged Sevenfold.
Vocalist needs to stop being generic.
Guitarist needs to stop being generic.
Drummer needs to stop being generic.
Bassist needs to st... Can't hear the bassist.
I'd rather listen to Charlie Sheen's farts than this
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Ya know, it wouldn't be that bad, though the singer has some issues with straining on the youtube videos.

Word of advice, and before you tell me to take a chill pill, don't insult those that you ask opinions from. It's unprofessional and in this industry everything is based off of perception. They're our many bands that could/would have made it had they not been pretentious arses when they were nothing.

To be honest I like this type of music but your actions have left a bad taste in my mouth.
Last edited by merriman44 at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by merriman44
Ya know, it wouldn't be that bad, though the singer has some issues with straining on the youtube videos.

Word of advice, and before you tell me to take a chill pill, don't insult those that you ask opinions from. It's unprofessional and in this industry everything is based off of perception. They're our many bands that could/would have made it had they not been pretentious arses when they were nothing.

To be honest I like this type of music but your actions have left a bad taste in my mouth.

+1
I liked it. I can see the a7x comment. But who cares I thought you guys sounded really good for the most part.

As far as the chill pill thing goes I thought it was pretty funny lol. The topic of the thread was a clever marketing device especially since IMO you guys don't suck. People generally tend to get mad when they realize they fall for a marketting technique though. Even thoug if you look around their house you will find a hundred things that heh were "sold"

Bottom-line IMO good music good performance and good job not taking yourself too seriously ita music it should be fun. Mission accomplished.
Seriously, the whole fishing for compliments things was pretty lame. It seems like you guys are nailing exactly what you're going for. It's just too generic for my taste.
Quote by merriman44

Well, I didn't insult anyone who simply gave an opinion on the music! I get where you are coming from though dude and I'm glad you at least kinda dig out stuff. Maybe you'll like this newest vid -

Drive Me Crazy
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by The Wildchild
I'd rather listen to Charlie Sheen's farts than this

Well, to be honest a rockstar warlock from Mars with tiger blood and Adonis DNA would have some pretty amazing farts...
"]Facebook
Quote by Dangertux
I liked it. I can see the a7x comment. But who cares I thought you guys sounded really good for the most part.

As far as the chill pill thing goes I thought it was pretty funny lol. The topic of the thread was a clever marketing device especially since IMO you guys don't suck. People generally tend to get mad when they realize they fall for a marketting technique though. Even thoug if you look around their house you will find a hundred things that heh were "sold"

Bottom-line IMO good music good performance and good job not taking yourself too seriously ita music it should be fun. Mission accomplished.

lol ya you're right I got about a dozen snuggies laying around the house, I had to get one in every color!

Strangely, I've never listened to a single full song from Avenged Sevenfold! I'll have to ask the rest of the guys if they like them. But I'm happy you liked our stuff, keep your eyes peeled for when our full CD is released!
"]Facebook
Last edited by 1500 meanstreak at Mar 21, 2011,
Not bad. Not a lot that stands out, but I like it, reminds me of Thousand Foot Krutch or Anberlin.
Quote by merriman44

+2.

~~
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
Well, I didn't insult anyone who simply gave an opinion on the music!

Quote by 1500 meanstreak

~~

Also, one word of advice as far as the forum goes, watch for double/triple posting. Clogs the forum with unnecessary bumps, and unless policy changed since I last frequented the boards, it's warnable.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by TTTGabe
Not bad. Not a lot that stands out, but I like it, reminds me of Thousand Foot Krutch or Anberlin.

you got some links to those bands? I'd like to check em out
"]Facebook
you can probably find them on youtube, they're Christian bands, not saying you guys are, but the vocalist in your band kinda sounds like the singer in those bands. I like you guys' style though. The singer has a good higher range and the riffs are solid.
My gear:

Crimson Transparent American Standard Fender Telecaster
Line 6 Spider III HD150 Half Stack
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay

www.facebook.com/throwthetemple
Quote by Dirtsleepers
So the bottom line is...don't worry bout what anyone thinks ...who gives a shit as long as your having fun and entertaining yourselves ..

well said! I'm liking your Dirt Sleepers stuff too!
"]Facebook
Quote by Bassplaya687
dude i love your band sounds great

thanks man, keep checking back our debut CD will be out soon!

Anyone in the Houston area? If so you are invited to come see us play on Saturday April 16th! We're headlining the Bayou Place stage at Bayou Fest Houston. Proceeds go to the Layla Grace cancer foundation! Come see us play then head over to the Verizon stage to check out Saliva afterwards!

http://www.bayoufesthouston.com
"]Facebook
i dont care if people say you are trying too hard to be A7X, ive never heard anyone like A7X except for you guys and i like it

in the other hand, people dont criticize bands who sound like motley crue and ACDC, which are also great bands, but should be treated equally

I would see you guys live
i really like the country bass line intro on "voice of the south" i thought that was pretty original, but the rest of it just sounds like every other band ive ever heard, thats just my opinon though, props for being from texas!!
Very upbeat indeed. I personally think you guys could have done better on the EP cover though. Other than that, the music itself is really catchy and groovy!
hey guys thanks for the replies, and ya danny you're probably right about the cover of the EP. I'll post up a pic of the full album cover when I get the all-clear, hopefully you'll like it better!

If anyone is in Houston come see us at Scout Bar in Clear Lake tomorrow night (Tuesday April 18) opening up for Sevendust. Doors open at 7, show at 8, we go on at 10. If you're local come check it out, it's all ages so everyones invited!

http://www.scoutbar.com/home.php
"]Facebook
Yeah, sounds like nothing I'd listen to... but then again I'm a Gorguts kind of guy.
Really only Half-Omniscient
Page 1 of 2