Hey Pit,

Searched and found nothing.

I joined a band about a 3 months ago and we were originally practicing at our vocalist's house, up until about 3 weeks ago when some angry woman with sand in her vagina came and told us to (and these were her words) "shut up or I'll call the environment protection agency about the noise."

The next practice, our bassist had arranged for us to use a small memorial hall costing us £5 and hour, which was fine.

The problem is, he received a letter just now telling us we're no longer allowed to use it due to the noise. We aren't even very loud, but the windows were single-glazed and the noise was escaping. We need to practice on Saturday as we have our first gig the same night.

So pit, do you have any ideas where else we could practice without having to pay more than about £6/hour?

If you're in a band, where do you practice?

Tl;dr: We no longer have a place to practice as a band after we've been told we cannot use a band-member's house or the hall we were previously using. Are there any other places suitable?
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Mar 17, 2011,
Look at pratice rooms around your area. They tend to be around £25 for 3 1/2 hours here in Manchester.

You could all chip in which would be about 6 quid each.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
After school in a practice room? Local studios have rehearsal spaces.

We practice at our drummers house. It's quite big and set in its on land. We use his big living room, it's full of carpets, curtains and sofas to absorb noise.
Quote by maiden_man_666
Hey Pit,

Searched and found nothing.

I joined a band about a 3 months ago and we were originally practicing at our vocalist's house, up until about 3 weeks ago when some angry woman with sand in her vagina came and told us to (and these were her words) "shut up or I'll call the environment protection agency about the noise."

The next practice, our bassist had arranged for us to use a small memorial hall costing us £5 and hour, which was fine.

The problem is, he received a letter just now telling us we're no longer allowed to use it due to the noise. We aren't even very loud, but the windows were single-glazed and the noise was escaping. We need to practice on Saturday as we have our first gig the same night.

So pit, do you have any ideas where else we could practice without having to pay more than about £6/hour?

If you're in a band, where do you practice?

Tl;dr: We no longer have a place to practice as a band after we've been told we cannot use a band-member's house or the hall we were previously using. Are there any other places suitable?

Sounds like you guys suck...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Where do your band practice?

back when i used to play in my first band, first in the drummer's basement, then in the singer's basement, and we practiced in the other guitarist's basement before the first drummer joined, and between when he left and that singer joined.

in my second "band" that never got anywhere, we practiced in the singer's basement (who was the previously mentioned drummer.

but now, i'm only doing solo projects, with a couple of friends recording and programming drums, so i don't practice, except for playing through the songs by my self in my room.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
well... we usually practice on drummers place, cuz theres no need to move drums around and stuff, you can always piss off your neighbors or, ask to a bar (or the owner of the place were is gonna be the gig), that you need to use that place to practice. (take it as a sound check too).
Quote by Venice King
Sounds like you guys suck...

Do you pride yourself with being the biggest peice of shit on these boards?

Seriously what the ****s the point? He has to start somewhere mother****er. **** off ****.
Quote by Naturalchampion

Seriously what the ****s the point? He has to start somewhere mother****er. **** off ****.

1. You weren't involved with this at all.
2. He was joking.
3. Although he is joking, he might actually be right.
4. You really shouldn't let small things like that ruin your entire day.
Quote by Naturalchampion

Jesus, switch to decaff.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
Jesus, switch to decaff.

He has a point, you often are a ****.
Quote by Naturalchampion

[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
we rented a practice space, fully soundproof and stuff, PA system available, drum kit available. pretty nice. did cost something tho. 100 per month, 15 for use of the drumkit, 10 for use of bass amp.

gear
-Richwood: stratocaster
-Ibanez: RG7321
-Fender: Fm 212R
-Line 6: Floorpod
-Epiphone: G-400
-Squier: P bass
-ESP: LTD MH-50NT
Quote by maiden_man_666
He has a point, you often are a ****.

Venice King? No.

I get the feeling both TS and the guy that had a temper tantrum are in the same band and thats why their upset.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Venice King? No.

I get the feeling both TS and the guy that had a temper tantrum are in the same band and thats why their upset.

I get the feeling you're probably balls deep in Venice King right now. I've read several posts of his over the last few months: he seems to try to get in the first few posts of every thread to leave a smart-arse comment to impress people over the internet.
My band pretty much use studio's rehearsal space.
No chance of complaints, if you go to the right one you can get a good price and good gear (P.A to plug the singer into, cabs if you don't have the room in a car to bring a massive 4x12 or something! Etc.)

First we practiced at a rather popular underground-ish studio in my hometown, but eventually the pothead owner got violent because he thought we were cheating him out of his money or something.
Then we started practicing at a local session musician's home studio for £6 an hour, which was ideal really, but because it wasn't official or anything she could easly fleece us out of a bit extra here and there, but it was cheap so no complaints.

Now we're in between practice spaces, we occasionally practice at a pub where our agent hold auditions for new acts to sign and stuff.
But now that we have a new singer who's from out of town we're probably going to hit up a studio in Derby which is ran by a guy we kind of know who has alright price.

If you go to a studio you're looking probably at £8-£12 an hour depending on where it is.
Any studio in my town costs £8 an hour (some offer £12 for the first hour then £8 for each after if you want the session recorded).
But I've been to places which are a bit more than that.

Though there are quite a few bands who practice in pubs or social clubs when they're not open or something. Often for free too.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by ChucklesMginty
In my imagination.

At least in your imagination you have your perfect band and not one whch compromises your musicality.

I jest, I'm cool with being an alt rock covers band, I'd just enjoy my own project too.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
My band pretty much use studio's rehearsal space.
No chance of complaints, if you go to the right one you can get a good price and good gear (P.A to plug the singer into, cabs if you don't have the room in a car to bring a massive 4x12 or something! Etc.)

First we practiced at a rather popular underground-ish studio in my hometown, but eventually the pothead owner got violent because he thought we were cheating him out of his money or something.
Then we started practicing at a local session musician's home studio for £6 an hour, which was ideal really, but because it wasn't official or anything she could easly fleece us out of a bit extra here and there, but it was cheap so no complaints.

Now we're in between practice spaces, we occasionally practice at a pub where our agent hold auditions for new acts to sign and stuff.
But now that we have a new singer who's from out of town we're probably going to hit up a studio in Derby which is ran by a guy we kind of know who has alright price.

If you go to a studio you're looking probably at £8-£12 an hour depending on where it is.
Any studio in my town costs £8 an hour (some offer £12 for the first hour then £8 for each after if you want the session recorded).
But I've been to places which are a bit more than that.

Though there are quite a few bands who practice in pubs or social clubs when they're not open or something. Often for free too.

That's the only problem, I live about an hour from the rest of the band so it's difficult for me to get to a lot of places. We've had a look for places around the local area but there's nothing for under £10 an hour which is difficult for us as we're only 17. We'll have a look into the social clubs Thanks for the reply
Quote by maiden_man_666
That's the only problem, I live about an hour from the rest of the band so it's difficult for me to get to a lot of places. We've had a look for places around the local area but there's nothing for under £10 an hour which is difficult for us as we're only 17. We'll have a look into the social clubs Thanks for the reply

Ah, that's where I'm quite lucky. I don't drive (I'm only just 18, where my bandmates are 19 and 21) but the other guys live opposite eachother and I'm barely a mile from them so it's easy to arrange lifts.

But yeah, check either your local pub (provding it's not too traditional or small!) and see if they have a function room or something you can utilise in the day.

If you know anyone who's a local to a suitable place try to have them get you in there!

Cos I don't think many places will be cool with it right away, but give it a shot of course!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ah, that's where I'm quite lucky. I don't drive (I'm only just 18, where my bandmates are 19 and 21) but the other guys live opposite eachother and I'm barely a mile from them so it's easy to arrange lifts.

But yeah, check either your local pub (provding it's not too traditional or small!) and see if they have a function room or something you can utilise in the day.

If you know anyone who's a local to a suitable place try to have them get you in there!

Cos I don't think many places will be cool with it right away, but give it a shot of course!

Ahh yeah, that's pretty handy. I should be driving soon anyway which'll make things a bit easier

Alright, I'll ask one of the lads who lives in their area to check it out hopefully we'll find somewhere soon
Quote by maiden_man_666
I get the feeling you're probably balls deep in Venice King right now. I've read several posts of his over the last few months: he seems to try to get in the first few posts of every thread to leave a smart-arse comment to impress people over the internet.

Sounds like you got ratty when I made a simple joke. Lighten up.

to Chuckles and Jacob.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
at home.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
i started off in my drummers basement(aka hell)

and then we stated to practice in my late Grandfathers tool shop(its huge.....it could easily be 4-5 person home)
Last edited by djentman at Mar 17, 2011,
In warehouse located in an industrial area 10 minutes away from my house and 15-20 minutes away from the rest of the band. We practice at full volume and since it is in an industrial area, we sometimes jam all night. Oh yeah, I also get that place free of charge.
Last edited by sticksause at Mar 17, 2011,
Drummers house.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
We actually no longer practice. We gig about every week so we're tight as is, and we're in college in different places so it's hard to.
Once summer hits and we write new material, that's when we practice at our trombonist's house.