Page 1 of 2
Do any of you talk, either regularly or rarely, with any "famous" musicians on Facebook?

I know that personally, I'm "friends" with Tosin Abasi, all of Cynic, and Sacha Dunable from Intronaut, though the only one I've ever actually spoken to on facebook is Sacha.

As I'm posting this, my band's other guitar player Spencer is talking to Christian Müenzner from Obscura.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
You mean mainstream musicians?

They don't talk to no one, if you mean famous around this site then no.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I've talked to Misha Mansoor of Periphery, Chris Letchford/Travis LeVrier of Scale the Summit, Phil Labonte, Mike Martin and Oli Herbert of All That Remains (both internet and IRL) Dustie, Paul and Blake of BTBAM, and Julian Rodriguez of Elitist. Also Jeff Loomis, Tosin Abasi and Keith Merrow, though that was just simple question answering rather than a conversation.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 17, 2011,
I posted something on Cristina Scabbia's (one of the singers for Lacuna Coil) wall a while ago and she replied to it. I also sent John Moyer (the current bassist for Disturbed) a message on myspace once which he replied to. Neither of these were really conversations though
Stuart Zender

He posts photos and comments back and stuff, really cool.

But that does make me a loser, lol.
Friends with All Shall Perish and The Human Abstract on FB. Never had what you would call a conversation with them though. Exchanged comments, yeah
the only people that propperly interact with their fanbase through facebook are people that built their reputation online, so obviously bands like periphery and AAL are a good shout,

within the whole 'DJENT' mess everyone knows everyone and everyone has talked to everyone

Feelsgoodman.jpg
Quote by mr7string
the only people that propperly interact with their fanbase through facebook are people that built their reputation online, so obviously bands like periphery and AAL are a good shout,

within the whole 'DJENT' mess everyone knows everyone and everyone has talked to everyone

Feelsgoodman.jpg
I've notice that a lot actually. Everyone involved in the whole djent thing is really active in talking to their fans via internet because almost all of those bands made their fame on Facebook and forums.
I have a few people on Facebook. Scott Reeder from Kyuss, Rob Oswald from Karma to Burn, people like that. Gene Trautmann, Van Connor, Mario Lalli, there's probably a couple more I can't remember right now.
Not musicians, but I have talked to NintendoCapriSun, James Rolfe (The angry video game nerd, although that was back in the 00's), and I almost always have the highest rated comment on any of Chuggaaconroy's status. So I wouldn't be surprised if he recognized my name.

I am way too pathetic.
Quote by Pat_s1t
I've notice that a lot actually. Everyone involved in the whole djent thing is really active in talking to their fans via internet because almost all of those bands made their fame on Facebook and forums.

Yeah its really great, its like, i went to the Djentlemans gig with periphery, tesseract and monuments and met them all. The next day i was chatting to all of them on facebook / skype showing them my music.

its a great feeling knowing all the big names of the 'genre' (dont hate cause i think it should be a genre) are looking out for the small guys!
ive talked to dave wiener about a riff of the week(his youtube series) before
drummer from monotonix gave me his facebook info, im not on facebook though.
now extra flamey
I once spoke on Facebook chat to A.J. Minette from The Human Abstract, and I have some other musicians added but I don't talk to them.
I'm friends with Brock Lindow from 36 Crazyfists. He's from my town and he DJs on the radio station that my band is heavily involved with.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
^ to ALL of you: who?

also, does Kensai count?
also, does replacing Slash count?
I'm friends with W.S. Holland (Johnny Cash's drummer)

he's a really cool dude.

oh, and I have talked to Scott Rockenfield (Queensryche) on faceboock as well.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Mar 17, 2011,
I'm friends with Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys, and Larry Hartke, who owns the bass amp company.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Basti95
^ to ALL of you: who?

also, does Kensai count?
also, does replacing Slash count?

learn to listen to good music, then you will know haha!
This is about 400 times easier to do with Twitter instead of Facebook.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I know Kurt Ballow from Converge has his own page and regularly answers gear questions.
nobody on Facebook

though i talked to Andrew Wetzel(Drummer for Attack Attack!) alot on Xbox Live(back when i used Xbox)

i also know Sevendust personally
i know 2 members of Athiest(one of the first tech death bands!)

that's about it....
Yeah, I chat extensively with Kurt Cobain now and then...

Now, seriously I chat with the dudes from Floodstain.

Any dutch underground stoner-metal fanatic should know them...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I'm friend with the drummer and the rhythm guitarist of my favourite band (Edguy). :-)
I'm friends with Jason Becker on Facebook, you can also pretty much freely chat to him on his forum any time really as well.
Last edited by nargoth at Mar 17, 2011,
Chris Borderick

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I talked with Steven Wilson once, and John Wesley is pretty approachable too.

But yeah, as a general I don't wanna feel like a crap talking to someone that I don't really even know
I chatted Lights up many times, ended up meeting her when she was on tour in the area and we banged. no lie.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by silhouettica
Do any of you talk, either regularly or rarely, with any "famous" musicians on Facebook?

I know that personally, I'm "friends" with Tosin Abasi, all of Cynic, and Sacha Dunable from Intronaut, though the only one I've ever actually spoken to on facebook is Sacha.

As I'm posting this, my band's other guitar player Spencer is talking to Christian Müenzner from Obscura.

I thought you said 'famous'?
im friends and i talk to some non-mainstream musicians. So if they ever make it, ill have a job
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I talk to Brendan Scheppali daily on facebook. Hate his band, but we have lots to talk about.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Page 1 of 2