Sup guys

Iv had an album recorded for a while and im starting playing them live, the band consists of 2 guitars bass and drums.

iv just realised that in my recordings i have lots of synth/ ambient sections that cannot be played by any of these instruments live (its mostly omnisphere stuff)

Also the album is written as preatty much 1 whole song with different feels to each if you know what i mean, so a live show would consist of the album in its entirety (its about 30-35 mins long)

how would i go about playing these sections through the PA whist keeping in time with it?

I know i could give my drummer a click track but then we would have a constant click track throughout the gig which would be really annoying, anyway to have the audio play out of the PA whist isolation the click track to a set of headphones or something?

any help would be great!
cheers!
Get a keyboard player or don't write music that you can't reproduce live.

You could also think about getting a looper like a JamMan and hook it straight into the PA. Theres a lot of samples in Mastodon's music and Bill Kelliher uses a JamMan to trigger those samples live.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Get a keyboard player or don't write music that you can't reproduce live.

You could also think about getting a looper like a JamMan and hook it straight into the PA. Theres a lot of samples in Mastodon's music and Bill Kelliher uses a JamMan to trigger those samples live.

parts are too minimal to get an extra band member

some its just interludes so there isnt silence whilst we're tuning up/swapping gear ect.

Is that jam man just a trigger or a loopstation?
you can set the click track so it only goes into your headphones.

the jamman would work to play the parts, but it'd be difficult for everyone to stay in time with them
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
you can set the click track so it only goes into your headphones.

How?!?! haha
you could have the click track run into a headphone amp or something.

i really don't want to answer this because i don't know enough about it to really help you haha. but i've seen many many many bands live that use click tracks and they do it without going through the p.a.

actually once i saw devin townsend and they accidentally put his click track through the headphones while he was sound checking. epic lulz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Get a computer with the original recording of the backing track, and an audio interface. The idea is that you send the actual synth into the outputs 1-2 and the click into say the output #3. You get a stereo sound with outputs 1-2 and ask that the output 3 is only sent into the stage's monitors, so that musicians, especially the drummer, can play with the click, but the crowd doesn't hear it.

That's how I do it.