Poll: would you skip out on your bands first show for a school band tour?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you skip out on your bands first show for a school band tour?
Yes, its a committment and its mandatory
7 24%
**** NO!! bands first show, lets get crunkk!
12 41%
There are plenty of other shows waiting in the future. no big deal
4 14%
**** IT, THUG LIFE
6 21%
Voters: 29.
Alright pit, so im a bit of a dilemma.

My schools band, which i am in, is having their annual week long MANDATORY band tour. we are due to leave on march 30th, and return on the 5th or 6th. BUT on the same weekend that we are gone, it is also my band's first show. its all local pretty much, but our scene has been good so far and the lineup is sick. Now, if i were to go on this band tour, i would have to pay $500 just to drive from southern california, to northern, and back.(i haven't paid a single penny yet) on top of that, i play the saxophone and im the best in my section. if i leave, well they're ****ed. AND, if i go, i wouldn't enjoy it because none of my friends, or people i talk to are going. at least thats what im envisioning. and at least at the show, ill meet new people that i can associate myself with

if you were in my shoes, what would be your priority? theres a good chance that the show will suck and it wont be anything i thought it would be, but the same goes for the band tour
I take it that you willingly signed up for the schoolband? So you must have known that this tour was coming. You made a commitment and all that yada yada.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
I take it that you willingly signed up for the schoolband? So you must have known that this tour was coming. You made a commitment and all that yada yada.

mhm, its my 4th year so yea i knew. it just happened to land about a month earlier then usua
I would choose touring over playing local gigs any day. You can play local gigs anytime you want but same cannot be said about touring.
I think you should go on the school tour for several reasons.

1: You must have known about this tour for ages, thus you booking your bands gig during this was just stupid.
2: School band can be put on a CV, your personal band can't (unless you get popular in your scene for a long while)
3: Reading your poll options, you're a huge douchebag.
500 bucks?! I would tell them to go to Hell...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
go with the school band, though i imagine youve already chosen****************fRWTdD
now extra flamey
Quote by boreamor
I think you should go on the school tour for several reasons.

1: You must have known about this tour for ages, thus you booking your bands gig during this was just stupid.
2: School band can be put on a CV, your personal band can't (unless you get popular in your scene for a long while)
3: Reading your poll options, you're a huge douchebag.

1: like i said before, this band tour was scheduled late march. it has always been scheduled for the end of april-may. i didnt schedule this. the singer did.
2. CV?
3. me a douchebag?? hao??
I do think that the poll is a bit misleading.. the question should be the other way around.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Ikey
go with the school band, though i imagine youve already chosen****************fRWTdD

im leaning towards that now.
Kind of the same thing happened to me. Except my orchestra had a festival performance (basically playing for judges) and I went to Tennessee for a church trip. My teacher had to excuse me since it was a religious event. But in your case, I would go with your band. Unless your band trip is graded, then you should go with school band.
Quote by the bartender
I do think that the poll is a bit misleading.. the question should be the other way around.

Say you can't afford the $500 if you really don't wanna go..
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Quote by SnowTau
Say you can't afford the $500 if you really don't wanna go..

thats what i said at first, but then she offered to give me a bunch of items that didnt sell during a school auction a while back, and that would cover half of the expenses..i think ima go
Please don't ever say "hella hella gnar gnar" again. Ever.

Also, CV = resume. And I don't necessarily agree with boreamor that you are a douchebag, just that you are trying WAY too hard.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
There'll be more shows man, I think you should reschedule if you're such a key piece of the school band.

If you were like fifth chair, I'd say stay behind.
Quote by Ikey

Quote by Ikey
though i imagine youve already chosen****************fRWTdD

Quote by Ikey
already chosen****************fRWTdD

Quote by Ikey
chosen****************fRWTdD

Quote by Ikey
****************fRWTdD

WAT
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
get crunk is usually the best option right?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.