Just as a heads up for everybody, I talked to a Rolf Buschmann at Bugera who says their new amps will be for sale in the US closer to the end of the 2nd quarter of 2011, so just a little more time if you are waiting. I know I am.
The Magician demo at NAMM didn't really showcase any high gain Mark sounds. I have my eyes on that amp!
I'm wondering how the trirec sounds
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
When I heard them I was a little dissapointed. I expected high gain metal ( due to them suposedly being mesa clones). When I heard the lead channels they just sounded like a clean channel with a cheap fuzz over. Don't get me wrong, I love Bugera. I have a 1960 and am saving for 333xl or 6262. I do understand that they were not the best recordings so my feeling may change.
Quote by ZigmaMetal
When I heard them I was a little dissapointed. I expected high gain metal ( due to them suposedly being mesa clones). When I heard the lead channels they just sounded like a clean channel with a cheap fuzz over. Don't get me wrong, I love Bugera. I have a 1960 and am saving for 333xl or 6262. I do understand that they were not the best recordings so my feeling may change.

Guitars
Amps
i would go for a trirec 1 year after its launch,making sure that there arent any technical problems with it
also it should be priced 700$ tops for me to buy it or bad luck bugera
If they do in fact release them in the U.S.A., it will be interesting to see how good they are (or aren't). They've still got FCC Hold notifications listed on all of their as-yet-unreleased tube amps, so I wonder if they will be selling them anytime soon. And then there is that pesky question of whether Mesa has filed an injunction against them for product infringement. We shall see.

They certainly look nice, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by deepsal
i would go for a trirec 1 year after its launch,making sure that there arent any technical problems with it
also it should be priced 700$ tops for me to buy it or bad luck bugera

A Triple Rec is $2000. I'm pretty sure if it was possible to clone it for that cheap, it would have been done already. The 6262 is half the price of the 6505+. I highly doubt the tried will cost under $1000.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
A Triple Rec is $2000. I'm pretty sure if it was possible to clone it for that cheap, it would have been done already.

A lot of what you're paying for is the price of U.S. labor. If you have it made in China of cheaper materials, you can shave the price down considerably. Also, it isn't a true clone. It won't be part for part; circuit for circuit. It will be "Rectifier-like" at best.

It might still turn out to be a fine amp. Only time will tell.
These will be interesting for sure... But at $750-1000 retail.... meh.

You can buy used recto's all day for around that. Maybe on the used market a trirec or magician would be pretty sweet, but given the choice between a new bugera or a used mesa for the same price... not a hard decision.

Egnater Armageddon!
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by FatalGear41
A lot of what you're paying for is the price of U.S. labor. If you have it made in China of cheaper materials, you can shave the price down considerably. Also, it isn't a true clone. It won't be part for part; circuit for circuit. It will be "Rectifier-like" at best.

It might still turn out to be a fine amp. Only time will tell.

And none of that cost is paying for the name? Things cost what people will pay, manufacturing costs are almost irrelevant.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the fact that mesa amps only cost 2k is already amazing. there's enough cost cutting going on in there already.

I'm not looking forward to looking at the insides of a further cost cutted one.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by coolstoryangus
I cant wait to see if these ones will go alight or not.

Quote by AcousticMirror
the fact that mesa amps only cost 2k is already amazing. there's enough cost cutting going on in there already.

I'm not looking forward to looking at the insides of a further cost cutted one.

hehe

spare a thought for us- we get all the cost-cutting but still get the dubious pleasure of paying a vastly inflated price
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

hehe

spare a thought for us- we get all the cost-cutting but still get the dubious pleasure of paying a vastly inflated price

diezel me.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by jpatan
But at $750-1000 retail.... meh.

You can buy used recto's all day for around that.

thus the paradox...

any word on the sherbert?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by AcousticMirror
diezel me.

hehe

but i mean i don't think diezels are as inflated in the US as mesas are in europe. I could be wrong, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
hehe

but i mean i don't think diezels are as inflated in the US as mesas are in europe. I could be wrong, though.

VH4 is $4500 which is like only about £2800, you can get a VH4 for around that rrp

not sure about the other models, but it just seems like a fair swap on the exchange rate. its fair to say we get thoroughly ****ed in the ass by US companies for amps and such really

but for mesa i'd accept little assrape....
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Cathbard
And none of that cost is paying for the name? Things cost what people will pay, manufacturing costs are almost irrelevant.

Manufacturing, overhead and labor costs are nothing to take lightly; particularly in the U.S.A. and even more so in the state of California. Between the endless permits, taxes and regulations they stick you with here, it is amazing Mesa is allowed to exist at all. But you are right - manufacturers will charge what people will pay. Price a Dumble someday and you'll see how unbelievably crazy this can get.
Quote by AcousticMirror
they are 5-8k

I wish they were, my friend. How I wish they were. Stick about US$40,000.00 in front of that and you're in Dumble Overdrive Special territory. The last Dumble ODS I saw sold by a boutique amp dealer in New York went for $48,000.00. I've seen them advertised here in L.A. in the last few years for well over $50,000.00, and I've heard rumors of them going as high as $75,000.00.

Madness...sheer, unadulterated madness!
Quote by shredftw
VH4 is $4500 which is like only about £2800, you can get a VH4 for around that rrp

not sure about the other models, but it just seems like a fair swap on the exchange rate. its fair to say we get thoroughly ****ed in the ass by US companies for amps and such really

yeah i mean the last i checked, diezels (apart from the einstein and maybe the schmidt) were well over £2000. I mean when the pound was strong against the euro, iirc, they were £2200 (and that's when 65p bought you a euro, now it's more like 85p).

I mean sure, they're probably slightly cheaper in europe, but nothing like the difference in mesa between the USA and europe, where they're almost double in europe.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I mean sure, they're probably slightly cheaper in europe, but nothing like the difference in mesa between the USA and europe, where they're almost double in europe.

yeah thats kinda what i was trying to say, even tho they get screwed on Diezel and ENGL we get screwed over on more stuff and far more drastically than they do
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
With diezel prices i dont think there is much in it maybe a tad more in the states but with mesa prices in europe they are about the same as the diezels depending on what models you're looking at nuff said
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Mar 19, 2011,
Quote by shredftw
yeah thats kinda what i was trying to say, even tho they get screwed on Diezel and ENGL we get screwed over on more stuff and far more drastically than they do

yeah, i was agreeing with you. That's exactly right.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hello my guitar friends

I have a question about Bugera Trirec / 333XL and Magician

I just found this amps and they have great sound and PRICE!!

But I am worried about 1 or 2 thinks

Can I switch in Trirec modes on 2 and 3 channels ?All have 3 modes vintage,clasic,modern
and clean channel has drive mode.

Can I switch them by footswitch or I must use midi switcher ??????

333XL has for 2 a 3 channel FAT mode.Is it switchable by Footswitch too ????

Thank you for answer

P.S.
http://www.bugera-amps.com/PDF/Downloads/TRIREC_INFINIUM_WebBrochure_V2.pdf
I read this "manual" but I did not found what I looking for :-(

Up the Iron
Guitar : Jackson DK2M snow white beauty
Combo : AXL rapture 150R
Strings : Ernie Ball 2222
pickups : Jazz III XL
style ? MAIDEN !
What's madness is how old this thread is...
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes