Page 1 of 2
Will we all be dead? If we still live, what technological advances will there be? Flying cars? Smellovision? Look at how life was in 1950, it was nothing like it was today. We have things people didn't even think was possible in 1950. Will 2050 be like this?

inb4 I know the future
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
Will we all be dead? If we still live, what technological advances will there be? Flying cars? Smellovision? Look at how life was in 1950, it was nothing like it was today. We have things people didn't even think was possible in 1950. Will 2050 be like this?

Exactly as everything is now, only technological advances such as shrinking will be improved, and everything will cost 3x more.

In 1950 the world was just recovering from 2 World Wars, so.. that had a lot to do with things.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Non-existant
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
We will reach the pinnacle of scientific achievement in 2030, then rapidly depleting natural resources will send us spinning back into the dark ages. Proven fact >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
We will reach the pinnacle of scientific achievement in 2030, then rapidly depleting natural resources will send us spinning back into the dark ages. Proven fact >_>

probably this, not dark ages though

just lameness.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by ABRfan
200 lbs will be skinny

sad but true
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah but the war won't be for another 27 years or so in 2050.

Preparation is key.
In the next twenty years with the depletion of resources I see a regression of the standard of living. We stop economically expanding, populations slow down, and life will be rough for years.
Quote by aig91
It's gonna suck

You're right....KISS will still be alive and making more sh*tty albums >__>
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
In 2050, there will still be noobs on Xbox live
In 2050, the nuclear guitar will be invented, and kill thousands
In 2050, MTV will play music so computerized, it will only consist of "Beep, Beep, 0011010001, System Failure, shutting down"
In 2050, all television shows will be about annoying teenagers with no idea how to solve simple life problems
In 2050, cake will be added to the Olympics, not cake baking or decorating or eating, just cake
In 2050, Lemmy Kilmister will still be alive... somehow
In 2050, John Wayne will resurrect, but John Wayne Bobbit will get his penis severed. Again
In 2050, Micheal Angelo Batio learn to levitate, walk on water and get a different hair style
In 2050, it will be discovered that Yngwie Malmsteen's wall of Marshall Amps can actually be used for transportation, communication with aliens, and sadomasochism
In 2050, on August 18th, Justin Bieber will be assasinated, ending his 7th term as president of the United States of America
Post-post-modernism.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

i hate to think what the world will be like, if the human race still exists that is. hopefully i will be dead by then.
didn't nasa predict solar storms that will wipe out all electric stuff (computers) and looking at society now since it is already dominated by technology, this will send us back to the dark ages.
Quote by JD Close
In 2050, on August 18th, Justin Bieber will be assasinated, ending his 7th term as president of the United States of America

WOOO my b-day
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by JD Close
In 2050, there will still be noobs on Xbox live
In 2050, the nuclear guitar will be invented, and kill thousands
In 2050, MTV will play music so computerized, it will only consist of "Beep, Beep, 0011010001, System Failure, shutting down"
In 2050, all television shows will be about annoying teenagers with no idea how to solve simple life problems
In 2050, cake will be added to the Olympics, not cake baking or decorating or eating, just cake
In 2050, Lemmy Kilmister will still be alive... somehow
In 2050, John Wayne will resurrect, but John Wayne Bobbit will get his penis severed. Again
In 2050, Micheal Angelo Batio learn to levitate, walk on water and get a different hair style
In 2050, it will be discovered that Yngwie Malmsteen's wall of Marshall Amps can actually be used for transportation, communication with aliens, and sadomasochism

You stole that from something, it's way to creative for any pit monkey to come up with that quick.

You guys are all pessimist, why can't you guys think positively about ANYTHING!!!
Quote by JD Close

Even though he's Canadian?
Quote by chaos13

One word:

Earthquake.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Last edited by Silveroon009 at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by bass-fale47
i hate to think what the world will be like, if the human race still exists that is. hopefully i will be dead by then.

I actually look towards the future

Quote by bass-fale47
didn't nasa predict solar storms that will wipe out all electric stuff (computers) and looking at society now since it is already dominated by technology, this will send us back to the dark ages.

this is why we are researching new power sources
if we put solar panels on each house then i doubt that will have much effect.

But my thoughts
There won't be flying cars. people have been thinking about this since before the 80s.
we were supposed to have those today.
Overpopulation
Obama out of office
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
there will be robots. many, many robots, so. many robots. everywhere. robots, everywhere. they're taking over, you know. it's only a matter of time. robots!!!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Jostry
What will life be like in 2050?

Pretty shitty.

In seriousness, I think it's going to be very tough on the human race, considering us dumbasses using up all our damn resources. Along with all the corruption of people/governments, and depleting valuable resources, such as oil, gas, fresh water, etc.

We're in for a doozy.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by chaos13

really makes you think what the world would be like if WW2 hadn't happened.. technology would have developed so differently, although probably at a slower rate, given that so much of today's technology came from things invented for the war effort.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by djentman
im sure the human race has gone through harder times

Well, we are looking at running out of non-renewable resources correct?
We're going to have to cope with that. Say after, quite a few million die. Maybe more.

Then the inevitable Ice Age. I don't know when it is, but it will come eventually.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Well, we are looking at running out of non-renewable resources correct?
We're going to have to cope with that. Say after, quite a few million die. Maybe more.

Then the inevitable Ice Age. I don't know when it is, but it will come eventually.

meh

I think you might be overreacting a little bit.
Last edited by djentman at Mar 17, 2011,
I'm guessing it probably won't be much different than what we know today. Technology advances much slower than we imagine (just think of the difference in tech in the Back To The Future trilogy. From 1955 to 1985 nothing really changed, but from 1985 to 2015 we suddenly had flying cars, hoverboards, exactly accurate weather predictions, and everything else.)

Edit: That's without any problems though, such as climate change.
Somewhere between iPhone 40 and near omnipotence. I don't believe all the doomsayers. The most plausible end-of-humanity type scenario is overpopulation and though that may be closer than we think, it is still most like a couple hundred years off.

Technology is not slowing down, and there's no real reason to think it will anytime soon. The growth rate is exponential. It will either be ruined by post-scarcity economics, or it will be closer to its full potential and will change the human condition (i.e. the Singularity scenario).

So IMO in 2050 we'll all be half cyborg and half cloud - which is to say we'll at the very least have implants that connect us to a hive mind that is in turn connected to a huge AI that is multiple times more cognitively powerful than humanity. That is what the full potential of technology will be in this century unless stopped by something like global disasters.
We're only strays.
Very large wars will be fought over resources (oil, ect), and clean water sources.

The gap between rich and poor will be extremely wide (not to say it isn't already).

Developed countries will have practically no forests to speak of.

We should be close to launching a manned mission to Mars.

Nanobots. Nanobots everywhere.

People are going to have to spread out and populate rural areas, or we are going to have road congestion problems like never before.

Both artificial intelligence and simple computers will take the place of many current jobs (cashiers, air-pilots, ect.).

Technology might develop enough to the point that it becomes difficult for many people to accept whats right or wrong in what computers can do for you (based on personal ideals of whats morally right, religious reasons, sense of independence, what is and isn't too lazy, ect).

As someone said earlier, people will definitely weigh more on average.

We will become more dependent on the internet than ever before, ordering stuff online will overcome the popularity of leaving your house to buy something.

There won't be ANYTHING you can't purchase at Wal-mart. For cheaper.

Downloading physical objects. This has been proven to be possible.

We will be able to simulate worlds in internet form so well, that some people will not be able to tell the difference between reality and the simulation/game, since they will prefer this world over their own and it appeals to so many of their senses.

That's all I feel like posting for now.
In 2050 i will be old as fuck, and that's about the only prediction i can make.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by St Pedr0
Downloading physical objects. This has been proven to be possible.

So, in 2050, I could download a car?

Hmm, I wonder what the world will be like if/when you can torrent physical objects.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Mar 18, 2011,
Read "Brave New World", and most likely it will be somewhere not far off from that setting. At least, the way it's going now.

/pessimist
Page 1 of 2