Hey guys,

I'll be brief, its late for me and I'm off to bed after this post.
I tried searchbarring and googling, no luck.. so sorry if this is a regular and hated thread haha

I'm making an order from thomann.de soon (would like power supply to be on there but willing to order elsewhere), I need to find a power supply thats very cheap, can power atleast: ISP decimator, a BBE sonic stomp (possibly), if possible my freeport wireless system (I think its like 6v or something, but not a big deal..) and later down the line an OD/boost pedal, most likely a TS7 or an OD808

I'd like more outputs if I want to expand my pedal array.
This will be going into a rack.
I'm from the UK, so UK pins and voltage.

How does this look? however only 500ma between them all if you look closely (I think)
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm
and would use a new english 'kettle' lead

I know nothing of power supplies, educate me!

Thanks,
Max
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
I don't know a whole lot about power supplies either and I've got a question to build on yours sorta. I ordered a generic 9 volt adapter and got a 9 volt daisy chain extension that I'm gonna use to power my pedals when it arrives. Whats the difference between using this and using one of those expensive power supplies? It cost me about $10 total and powers 5 pedals
Anybody got any suggestions?
I just spotted the pedalboard thread, if no luck ill leave this to die and try there

I use this:
http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=12

It's the same thing as the (very good) Diago power supply. Loads of current for powering multiple pedals, and adapters can switch polarity/double voltage for pedals that need 18V. Fine unless you need weird voltages (which very few power supplies have anyway) or AC power for something.

The website says it has 1.5A, but mine says 3A. Not sure whether they've changed it or they just only recommend using up to 1.5A. I've used it for 6-7 pedals fine with no noticeable noise.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
this looks nice.. does it come with a daisy chain?
if not, anybody know where i could get a decent one of those?

thanks for the help

ah i think you have to buy the daisy chain and plug bit separately (they're both on the johnny shredfreak site).

I have one too and i notice a bit of noise, but i don't know if it's the psu, some of my pedals, a dodgy power supply to my house, the fact i have leads everywhere etc.

Plus I mean a lot of the other non-isolated ones might not be any better.

musicstore (under the fame brand) does an isolated (supposedly- they claim it is, i don't know if it is or not) power supply for around £50... i haven't tried it, though. It might be complete crap
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ahh yeah I see.. okay this is looking good, Im not TOO bothered about a bit of noise, the ISP should kill it anyways and ill eventually get a power conditioner, atleast to use as a rackmounted power supply, and that should kill a bit of noise..

I'm just terribly low on budget is all haha, I can spare some extra but I havent any way to gain more money and I'm selling everything I can to afford the other stuff, this power supply looks promising though, I only need it for a couple pedals bare in mind
Thanks

i have an isp, it doesn't really kill that type of noise. Or at least, you have to set it higher than you'd ideally like.

It's a bit like modern medicine- sure, if you get sick you can get something to make you better, but it's still better not to get sick in the first place. Same thing with the noise- there's enough unavoidable noise without having to put up with avoidable.

Now that i think of it, i got a multiplug with built-in rcd (i'm paranoid that i'll get electrocuted ), and I think I've noticed more noise since i got that. So it might be the multi-plug extension i'm using.

but yeah i mean if you're on a really low budget the johnny shredfreak one is cool. And I've heard plenty of people on e.g. the bareknuckle forum who have had no noise problems.

So yeah, probably one of your best bets- you can pay way more for something with the exact same specs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah man I see exactly what you mean.
I've got a pretty minimalist rig, just a dirty/clean preamp, power amp and the pedals I've said, hopefully it shouldn't have a problem.

Beats the hell out of any rig around here atleast though, I only know like 3 people who have a decent rig in the kinda gig circuit atm, everyone else has things like spiders and MGs, even if this thing had more buzz than Mr. Killington I wouldn't mind

I'll be NGD'ing when this is all finally through, been spending a long time aquiring this and its finally nearly over

haha no worries

yeah i mean if you only have a few pedals it should be fine. hopefully, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?