Ok streetwise pit, I got a question.

I bought a calculator on craigslist for... lets just say waaaaaaay cheaper than its worth, and brand spanking new, sealed in the box. The class I bought this for though, I ended up dropping, and thus, no longer need the calculator. I just found this www.cash4calcs.com website and was wondering if I sold this calculator to them, would they check the serial number and possibly be able to accuse me of selling stolen merchandise?

any advice would be very much appreciated
"Tuning... who the f*** needs tuning?!"
If its one of those Texas Instruments calculators, KEEP IT, those things will come in handy when you least expect it.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
What's the model name of the calculator?
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by Scutchington
If its one of those Texas Instruments calculators, KEEP IT, those things will come in handy when you least expect it.

haha, it is. I already have a good one, but the one still in the package is the crazy good one. the TI 89 Titanium. I was majoring in engineering but now I realize i dont want that at all, so no more advanced math is needed... ie: this calculator is useless to me and I want to buy some new pedals
Quote by DaDude450
haha, it is. I already have a good one, but the one still in the package is the crazy good one. the TI 89 Titanium. I was majoring in engineering but now I realize i dont want that at all, so no more advanced math is needed... ie: this calculator is useless to me and I want to buy some new pedals

Ah well then, I'm not too sure about the website but I'd sell that mofo.

Also, YOU HAVE THE 89 SERIES?!

My school still uses the 83
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by papershredder
What's the model name of the calculator?

Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Edition
How do you know it was stolen in the first place? What if the guy was majoring in engineering and then decided he didn't want to do advanced math after all and just wanted to get rid of it?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
How do you know it was stolen in the first place? What if the guy was majoring in engineering class and then decided he want to do advanced math after all and just wanted to get rid of it?

Not to judge, but he was a 40 some year old dude, missing teeth, living in what appeared to be on of Missouri's many meth lab trailers and had a box full of them. He seemed to be the guy that if you needed something, he could get it for you for 20 bucks, no matter what it was.
Quote by DaDude450

What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
just sell it on craigslist or ebay or something. or hang up some fliers on campus trying to sell it to other students.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by kylepianoman
What you really need is a new amp.

haha, I havent changed my gear list on here in years. My amp situation is pretty good... Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 212... it gets the job done quite well.
Last edited by DaDude450 at Mar 17, 2011,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
just sell it on craigslist or ebay or something. or hang up some fliers on campus trying to sell it to other students.

the only thing is... i dont think i could get more than 40-50 bucks... this website offers 85$, which is like.... tripling what i paid. and yes, i am aware i sound rather greedy, but I'm broke, so that makes it ok.... right?
I believe, to get in trouble for buying stolen merchandise, the court has to prove that you know it was stolen. So I don't know if they'd be able to pin anything on you really.

Also, yay (?) Missouri?!
If you sell it on the internet to some other average guy going into engineering I don't think they're gonna be scanning the serial number to see if it's stolen. You should be safe.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Just keep receipts of where you originally got it and you'll be fine if anything comes up...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell