I've always wanted a guitar with a bigsby. I got the epiphone les paul - zakk wylde edition, and i was wondering would it do any good with a bigsby? do you think it would look ugly? i really want a bigsby and i don't think im going to get another guitar. does anyone have a picture of anyone ever doing this? i don't think anyone has! please help!
I cant remember where but I saw one recently, kind of a ying-yang of old and new symbolism.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
make sure its a gold bigsby. It will look very sexy. Id also look into a graphtech self lubricating nut for a little bit more tuning stability.
I'd also suggest a bridge with roller saddles and a nut with rollers as well. But I think it would be pretty badass with a bigsby.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
i'd make one in a simulator and see if it looks as good as you may think. i'm pretty sure the simulators have the bullseye pattern
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by OneMcChicken
Should I go for a bigsby b5 or b7

If you wanna do it without damage....

That looks like an awesome idea! I am thinking of maybe doing that. it does look like it would cause no damage or anything. I just wonder if it still sound the same compared to installing it originally
On the B5 or B7 question, definitely the B7. I'm a huge fan of the B5, but the B7 just looks right on an LP.

EDIT: Forgot the most important aspect, a B5 will not work on your Les Paul. B5s are made for solid top guitars whereas the B7 is made for carved tops. The ZW LP is a carved top, so you'll have to go B7. Hope that helps!
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at Mar 19, 2011,
hmmm. so i do have to go with the b7? i see a lot of les pauls with the b5 though. does it make a big difference?
That picture the guy posted is of a vibramate. I got one for my Tele, its a different model obviously, but they work awesome. Just make sure you buy the Original Bigsby, and not the Licensed Bisgsby. Although it may be cheaper, its not as good quality, and it will NOT fit the vibramate mount.

I bought mine off a certified seller on Ebay cause it was cheaper, but I think you can order directly from them...

http://vibramate.com/vibramate-v7-lp-install.php
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Mar 20, 2011,
i hope you'll get the EMG's out otherwise a epiphone zakk wylde with bigsby will be like worshipping a devil in a christian church or letting you're pig have a mudbad in a mosque.

i have to say a bigsby on a zakk wylde bulls-eye would look badass
Quote by OneMcChicken
hmmm. so i do have to go with the b7? i see a lot of les pauls with the b5 though. does it make a big difference?

The one's you see with the B5 are flat tops, which I was surprised o see so many of when I was researching Bigsbys myself. I am very positive in the statement that you will need a B7 on the Zakk Wylde LP. Go to Google and put in "Bigsby B5 B7" and click the top link, that should answer your question very well.

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Okay. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to probably buy a b7 off of the website or eBay. Thanks everyone for your help.
No problem man, I'll need to see pics when the job is done

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs