how do you get that flow like yngwie malmsteen in the beginning of blitzkrieg, its like the smoothest thing ever, yet fast. When i play i hear the notes but wheres the smoothness and feel ive been thinking its something with technique, maybe maybe not

can someone steer me in the right direction with all of this

ill answer any question you have

EDIT: i also do economy picking because its just easier. i know malmsteen does that alot .

Also would not using your pinky for the harmonic minor scales have an effect on that since itd take time to slide up that 1 extra fret? thats what i was thinking im working on my pinky strength because i cant get that space for example if i go E: 8,7, 5, 4. That middle space by skipping fret 6 is the hardest part for me

please post suggestions for the other topic i just mentioned.

EDIT: This guy is an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFI8ONnAX4c
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Last edited by GoodOl'trashbag at Mar 17, 2011,
I think that a lot of it is his tone, but mostly just because of his skill.
la de da.
Simply economy picking. It's all about precise timing and accuracy, which comes with practice.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

i was also thinking of the tone. You just say its economy picking? I was thinking itd be a pinky issue considering that i have to slide down a fret to reach that maj7 note on the harmonic minor.

So which would be the most major factor Pinky or economy/picking? or both?

EDIT: also instead of making another thread, what are some things to really improve and get better at economy picking and exercises to improve your pinky coordination and strength?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Last edited by GoodOl'trashbag at Mar 17, 2011,
those tabs you provided are part of a harmonic minor scale. look it up, practice it, and u should get some similar sounds. as for his smooth sounding-ness. he usues circle picking which is a technique using only your fingers to move the pick and this makes a lot less noise while picking which could be producing the smoothness you are talking about
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Also use your neck pick up.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

yeah i got it covered.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by TrueBlues
And he uses a fair amount of gain, which smooths stuff out considerably

not always, he can play reaally smoothly in clean too, he doesnt use gain to cover up his mistakes because hes not very sloppy at all
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED