Found a super sweet, super local deal:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/2268480855.html

speaker pr0n:

mmm are those custom celestions?

now that I have your attention...

really a NPD (but still Line 6 modeling content, also very fitting green content for St. Patrick's Day)

Line 6 DL-4 (older version), bought it from fellow UGer and Detroiter whytefyre_hawk

Review:
It would take me days to be able to make a proper review, with 16 modes and the tweak/tweez knobs and all, there's so much to mess around with. Great for modulated and ambient sounds, and pretty solid as a straight delay. The digital mode does well in maintaining the original tone, and for you analog types, there are several modes to play around with (the lo-res mode is fun for creating a crazy muddy mess). Most modes work well with high gain, which was a must given my amp. The built in looper is also sweet, up to 14 seconds, you push to start/stop recording instead of holding the pedal down which is nice. Bottom line, if you can't decide what delay you want, but you need versatility, the DL-4 is a good choice. Very nice pedal overall.

Of course I was inclined to record some clips, so I did a little Buckethead tribute thing showing off 3 of the modes in the DL-4. It'll be the first mp3 in my profile momentarily, uploading it now...
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Well played.

Thought I'd try, even though I'm not as good of a troll as some others on here...
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Multi-Effects modelers. In the case of this one you can have three(or is it four?) delay effects.
My problem with them is as following:
The knob positions do not change when you switch channels. I like to be able to see the settings on my pedals and amp, so I can make quick adjustments and see if anything changed unintentionally.
A friend of mine has the Distortion one of this, but I think he might've sold it. I tried it out for a bit, sounded alright.

Anyways,
Happy New Pedal Day!
..I was watching my death.
Quote by deepsal
Dude its npd not ngd, anyways hnpd

But that would've ruined his trolling if he put NPD. NGD can be New Guitar Day or New Gear Day.
Glad I could help a fellow UG'er and Detroiter out with a nice piece of gear. Hope you enjoy it!
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Now I'm disappointed... I thought maybe you got an HD147 or a DT50.

HNPD. I guess.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by timbit2006

My problem with them is as following:
The knob positions do not change when you switch channels. I like to be able to see the settings on my pedals and amp, so I can make quick adjustments and see if anything changed unintentionally.

That's the only thing I don't like about it so far, whenever you switch modes it gets weird, like it saved your settings from last time you used that mode and is trying to play that as well, so you get a double delay of sorts. Once you adjust the knobs though it's fine.

And yes I meant NGD as new gear day, I corrected myself in the OP once I stopped trolling
Quote by edbert
That's the only thing I don't like about it so far, whenever you switch modes it gets weird, like it saved your settings from last time you used that mode and is trying to play that as well, so you get a double delay of sorts. Once you adjust the knobs though it's fine.

This sounds like a problem with the pedal to me. Not in the design but maybe something is screwed up?
Let me get this straight:
Channel One of the pedal is on, you press the Channel Two switch and it still plays the delay from Channel One?
If so that's most likely a problem with the pedal. Unless it's bad design on Line 6's part.
Quote by timbit2006
This sounds like a problem with the pedal to me. Not in the design but maybe something is screwed up?
Let me get this straight:
Channel One of the pedal is on, you press the Channel Two switch and it still plays the delay from Channel One?
If so that's most likely a problem with the pedal. Unless it's bad design on Line 6's part.

I'm not pushing any of the channel switches, I'm just switching, say, from digital mode to analog echo mode with the leftmost knob. I've only spent a few hours messing around with it since I've been working a lot lately, so maybe I'm missing something. I'll see if I can find a user manual on teh interwebz somewhere, that might help me out.