Would post this in the "correct" forum, but it'd get like, 3 posts in 5 hours, all of which wouldn't help or even amuse me.

So here's the deal: My guitar tutor is getting a few of his students together to do a performance including me (nothing fancy, just to get us used to playing with other people, playing live, etc.) He wants me to choose a song to have us all learn. Thing is, I usually listen to either stuff like Protest the Hero (too hard for the others) or Explosions in the Sky (too boring for the crowd).

I ask of you, the Pit, to recommend me some high energy songs which will "show off my lead capabilities" (to quote my tutor), yet won't be terribly difficult for the other students.
hot cross buns

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Blood and Thunder might be good even if it doesn't have a solo. It's one of those songs that are easy to play but sound hard to do
Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly.

You could shred the banjo parts, it's high energy, and it's not really hard.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~

Statesboro Blues, go for the Allman Brothers version.
Last edited by phlip999 at Mar 18, 2011,
You're asking for a song that's hard, but not too hard? You gotta be a little more specific.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
You're asking for a song that's hard, but not too hard? You gotta be a little more specific.

Sorry, I just found out today and I don't know the other students so I don't know their capabilities. Right now I'm just compiling a list of songs. So I guess throw out whatever
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You gotta go to Crenshaw for that shit, mang.
(Invalid img)
See this is the type of thing where I realize(sp?) how much of a jerk I can be.....I'd play whatever I felt like.
Karnivool - Themata.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Thunder march?
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Maybe you can play "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants". The song is easy but there's a fast shredding part for the clean guitar. So you can show off and the other kids can just play the easy backup instruments
Quote by fanoftehmusic
You seem to take it for granite that the pit can answer your questions.

(Invalid img)
Allman Brothers son, the band just plays a back-beat while you just shred for an endless amount of time.
Quote by zipmike
I sucked my grandma's dick for a dollar when I was 8.
Quote by fanoftehmusic
You seem to take it for granite that the pit can answer your questions.

seriously ts, cut that schist out.
Go Veg.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬