Im giving my Aria les paul copy a make over. The cherry sunburst looks dull and im more of a fan of the natural/stained look. I plan on leaving the sides/back/neck natural and using gun stock oil to darken them a little. I'm not positive what I want for the top yet, but maybe a heritage cherry stain like the 58 vos lp's. Like I said though, I'm open to suggestions for the top, pretty set in stone on the rest.lol

Also, for the sake of finance, I'm considering making it a 1 pickup style with a single volume knob only. Does anyone know of a pickguard that will cover the neck cavity without having to fill it in? I really like the lp jr pickguards, but i dont think that it will cover the entire cavity . I really don't want to fill it so if I can't find anything, I'll just save up and make it a standard style lp.
Last edited by attheian at Mar 18, 2011,
just a random idea, leave the pick up there and don't wire it, but put a metal cover on the neck one only. And just wire the rest like you said. That'd look cool and it solves the issue of the pup cavity. What pup are you tossing in the bridge?
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Not a bad idea, but I think if I was going to leave it there, i might as well wire it up. haha
I'm not sure yet what I want to put in, but I kind of want something other than a basic humbucker. I've got a les paul classic and i get my humbucker tones from that. I want this to be a tonally different guitar. Maybe a hb sized P90? Suggestions?
I think fender makes a single coil in a humbucker shell, i THINK but i'm not sure.
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by attheian
Not a bad idea, but I think if I was going to leave it there, i might as well wire it up. haha
I'm not sure yet what I want to put in, but I kind of want something other than a basic humbucker. I've got a les paul classic and i get my humbucker tones from that. I want this to be a tonally different guitar. Maybe a hb sized P90? Suggestions?

Maybe an Eastwood pickup? (another humbucker-sized single coil)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass