Yo,

Not that I'm forking out $4000NZD for the Kirk Hammett KH2 guitar but I'm struggling to tell the difference apart from EMGs-Trem-Gotoh Tuners-Locking Nut and 3 way knobs.

What is the huge difference which makes the guitars so much different priced.

I know mine is a LTD and his is an ESP. I read that the differences were that ESPs are made in Japan with more care taken when making them.

Is it Kirk's sig that keeps the guitar at that price range.

Here is the comparison.

Thanks
The M-50 is made in Indonesia with lower quality materials and QC compared to the ESP.It's also fact that you'll pay more for the name.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Most of the price difference is probably from the fact that its a Kirk Hammet signature model. Then there's the overall build quality between LTD and ESP.

There's probably a whole lot more but I cbf comparing them.
There is such a massive quality difference between those, it would be near impossible to put in words. That's literally both ends of the spectrum.

But as for specs... besides what you listed, the LTD is bolt on, while the ESP is neck through The ESP also has an alder body and 2 more frets.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 18, 2011,
Seriously ..
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
By quality you mean more accurate CNC routing and more of a tidy and well constructed body?
CNC has nothing to do with it. But the shape is slightly different one ESP's than LTD's of all their models, giving them extra contours, thus giving more comfort. The necks are shaped minutely different, leading to more comfort.

More importantly, the body woods used are the biggest price jump, they are very high quality, whereas LTD 50 & 100's are as good as scrap wood found out back. The hardware also contributes to a few hundred (OFR & other quality hardware)

On top of that, there is the meticulous attention to care and detail put into ESP guitars, making sure that there are no bad frets, finish blems, etc. They pretty much throw out any and all LTD's, exponentially moreso the 50's and 100's.

All that granted, the KH-2 is about $1000-$1500 overpriced (USD), and that is for the fact that his name on it.

There's actually a write up in my profile on ESP quality, if you want to take a look. It doesn't go into much detail at all about the specifics of why they cost what they do though, so you may not find it helpful.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks. Think that sorted me out. I'm sure chucking emgs in my ltd would give it a huge boost in tone and sound.
Quote by alexhughes70
Thanks. Think that sorted me out. I'm sure chucking emgs in my ltd would give it a huge boost in tone and sound.

Depends a lot on your amp. Through a good amp, it will sound a lot better, Through a crap amp, there won't be as much improvement. The trade off is that through a good amp, you'll also notice that it will still sound worse than higher quality guitars with EMG's. But. regardless, there will be a general improvement in tone.

Although from personal experience, the LH-150 pickups aren't that bad. I'd take them over the several set of HZ's I've had. But then again, they were HZ's.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
wait, you're struggling to tell the difference between a $200 beginner guitar and a $4000 high end signature guitar?

In other news, I can't tell the difference between this:

and this:

I mean, sure, being a signature model the kirk hammett one is probably a bit overpriced (get an MII and it's probably very close to the exact same thing for less money), but yeah. Dearer one's better, dude.

EDIT: oh i didn't realise the cheaper one was yours, if I had I wouldn't have been so rude.

But still, the dearer one is better- it's made in japan (so wages cost more and it's probably made with a lot more attention to detail on higher quality machines with tighter tolerances), it uses better materials (wood), hardware, electronics, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 18, 2011,