Here's my attempt to make an instrumental track..It's SO hard to make it "right"..
But I've managed to establish a guitartheme..after the piano/cello intro.
It's much easier to cover any instrumental than making one !
More to come, this is just the basic recording,the guitar may rise an octave.

The tune is "MayFirstFinished" (will be "Ode to May " when it's finished.)

Thanks for listening, please comment !! A lot ;-)

http://soundcloud.com/boq
Great spacey feel to it. I felt a little iffy with the melody at first but when it came all together it had a awesome effect. It made me think of a twisted carnival for some reason at first.. I have no idea lol perhaps that's just me on a few hours of sleep. The guitar solo was spot on. And the all of the transitions sounded great. You've definitely done your VST's justice. To me, it didn't have a definite ending. On a second thought, the ending could work in this case.. Some pieces do have that ending that just leave you hanging. Depends on your taste and intentions. Overall, great piece!
Check out my music on my profile
This is pretty great actually.
The drum sounds could use improvement, but I like it.
the intro is lovely and it sounds great when it all kicks in at 0:25.
the guitar leads sound fine too. not a bad style. sounds developed, which is something so many people lack. I like the whammy usage. (in your other track as well)

overall, it was great. it could be a little longer but it's good. the other track on there is nice too.
Hi, and thanks to Chad120 (a great composer btw) and TechnicolorType !
I should have mentioned in my first post that the song is absolutely not finished..
I need another section, maybe a guitarsolo and an ending.The ending now is just a cut and paste from the intro.
TechnicolorType has a great ear, the drums are the only instrument I haven't adjusted with reverb,compression and stuff so far.
Spent some weeks doing/redoing the orchestration, the fewer instruments the more difficult it is.
The guitar was done in approx 5 minutes, just a test for melody.
Thanks for listening, you inspire me !
More comments welcome !