My Girlfriend just told me she wanted to take a break. She needs space and can't feel "tied down" right now. We've been in a relationship for 3 years. I asked her if she was seeing or talking to someone else she said no. She was crying her eyes out when she told me. She told me she always loved me. She said she's felt this way for a good while, and she thought it would pass. She said that when we're together everything is great, but when we're apart she said she doesn't feel anything. She said she needs time to think about it. As a man I will say I cried my heart and soul out. I can't eat, I couldn't sleep. I hope she comes back. It's extremely hard not to call her or to text her with just a simple "Have a good day my love". Something in me tells me she's gonna come back. but there's that other side that I fear to face.
Quote by cpt_pimp
my last fail was breaking up with my gf.

that's going to suck for a while

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Are you after words of comfort or words of advise? that way can give you more defined answers
"I want a break" means "I've been balling someone behind your back for 3 weeks, and am starting to feel guilty."

...or I'm bitter and cynical.

Tough break, brah! Have a manhug. (warm embrace)
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
I'm going to be honest and say don't hold your breath. Usually that's just an excuse to break up without trying to hurt the other person as much.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Usually "take a break" means "It's been a good run", at least in my experience it has.

Sucks man, but out of 6 billion people I'm sure there's a few million girls for you.
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!

While Traveling at subsonic speeds during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening?

RIP Dio, Dimebag, Randy, John Bonham, and Cliff!
sorry dude, if that ever happened to me it'd floor me.

by the sounds of it she just needs a week or three to see her friends and the such, don't worry, she'll be back before you know it.

not that it matters much, but i'm currently typing this from a psychiatrists office... i'm no psychiatrist, but i'm a receptionist here, just our computers are down so we're having to use the consultants comps.
but it's not to say i don't know shit, i do. and trust me, i'm 85-95% sure you'll be fine
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Shes been having a lot of family problems lately... her grandma is about to die, her step-mom may soon be paralyzed... Shes been working a lot and looking for another job... shes had a lot of stress... i think that has a lot to do with it... she said family comes first...
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Stalk her, find who she's cheating on you with. Death to them both!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Sorry to hear that man

Anyway go and eat some spinach and punch some kittens
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
it happened to me to mate, first weeks are going to be like hell, but after that it will start to improve slightly every day!
Drum drum drum away!
As much as I want her... I want her to be happy more
Quote by cpt_pimp

Quote by leg end
Well, not really haha!

Move on son. Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't, but she's less likely to if you start bugging her and sending her texts.

You can't live your life on the whims of what other people may or may not decide, so move on, live your own life, meet other people. If you bump into her, be pleasent but not creepy, ask how she is but don't ask if she would like to go for a drink.

This could go one of two ways, because people often want something that they no longer have, it may rekindle her interest in you, or, it may not, but if it doesn't, at least you'll be getting on with the rest of your life a allowing yourself to get over it properly.
Quote by Dark Raven X
"I want a break" means "I've been balling someone behind your back for 3 weeks, and am starting to feel guilty."

I agree with this.

Although that's not comforting :/