Hey! This mightve gone into another sub-forum, but as this thread incorporates a lot of tone, I thought doing this here.

Yesturday, I saw Megadeth and Slayer (slayer from the front row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), they both kicked ass with the show, but slayers mix was very unclear. Like I could really hear the individual guitars and bass. On the album it rocks though. I mean seriously, does slayer have an unclear live mix or is it just me? It also feels like they use a SHIT of gain, and they have 2 guitars + bass. Which adds muddiness.

td;lr Slayers live mix is unclear. Why?
You were in the front row. /thread.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You want to hear where it sounds the best in the audience, go stand by the sound desk.

Otherwise, what sound you hear from down in front depends on the height of the stage, the overall stage volume for the band, the projection of the PA speakers, number of people, indoors, outdoors, etc., etc....

I honestly have never heard good mixes from the front row. Been to my fair share of outdoor festivals in Europe and the sound was always the best just in front of the sound desks. Besides, am not a fan of the melee pits.
Quote by irnmadn88
You want to hear where it sounds the best in the audience, go stand by the sound desk.

This.
ok ty. But for the first reply, I really think it was just muddy and so on, and if thats slayers tone, it sucks. The drums were great though..