So this is basiclly just me, I've written like 12 songs in the last 2 days and all because of this one girl, I wanna write things constantly not just be tied down to when something happens I start writing, and I want to write about different subjects and expand my horizons and such, writing about drugs love death or murder gets old after a while.

Any helpful advice?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Just keep writing. Inspired writing needs an inspiration, and something that concerns you emotionally (like girls) is one of the strongest emotions one can have. Keep writing until you stop writing, be it weeks or months. You will learn a lot of things about writing while it lasts.

I had the exact same problem as you, and what helped me alot was going outside and write about things like the sky, flowers and stuff i just saw. It's not easy to just write without being actually inspired, and the best poems will still be those, but after a while it will be easier to write about things without being inspired, because you're used to using certain words, phrases, metrics and a certain way of writing. At least that's for me. Don't know if that makes any sense.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I agree, just keep writing and you'll naturally expand. Usually when I write lyrics, they aren't about myself; I just recently wrote an angry song about my friend's ex girlfriend who was giving her a ton of grief. Sometimes it gets easy to write about world events, like war and politics. But when you get really inspired to write (like with your situation) it's better to just let it all flow out, then once you're done, you may not feel the need to keep writing about love. I've only written maybe 2 love songs in my life because I have only been really infatuated with a girl once, so I'm not into writing love songs, but it's also because of my lack of experience with it.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by OrangeWalls
Just keep writing. Inspired writing needs an inspiration, and something that concerns you emotionally (like girls) is one of the strongest emotions one can have. Keep writing until you stop writing, be it weeks or months. You will learn a lot of things about writing while it lasts.

I had the exact same problem as you, and what helped me alot was going outside and write about things like the sky, flowers and stuff i just saw. It's not easy to just write without being actually inspired, and the best poems will still be those, but after a while it will be easier to write about things without being inspired, because you're used to using certain words, phrases, metrics and a certain way of writing. At least that's for me. Don't know if that makes any sense.

It does yeah, I guess I'll try your idea and try to go outside and write about things that don't inspire me and see how it goes.
At the rate my relationship with this girl is going I think I could be writing for a long time :/
Quote by thePTOD
I agree, just keep writing and you'll naturally expand. Usually when I write lyrics, they aren't about myself; I just recently wrote an angry song about my friend's ex girlfriend who was giving her a ton of grief. Sometimes it gets easy to write about world events, like war and politics. But when you get really inspired to write (like with your situation) it's better to just let it all flow out, then once you're done, you may not feel the need to keep writing about love. I've only written maybe 2 love songs in my life because I have only been really infatuated with a girl once, so I'm not into writing love songs, but it's also because of my lack of experience with it.

I've written a song about a murder that happened here actually, and yes I am letting it all flow out I just write everything I have, I write a song in like 10 minutes.
This is also my first real time I've been in love and there are too many emotions and not enough songs to contain them, I didn't have any experience in writing about these things either, I thought I was too cliche or something but I'm not that bad I think.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
i to only write after something drastic happends. especially when my pets have died throughout the past 2 years. i write about how much they ment to me and how i feel now also that i miss them. most of my songs are from those times
2011senior4life
Quote by rd93
Exaggerate the things that aren't dramatic. You'll write more often and it will give you practice with creative writing and finding inspiration.

thats a great idea!!!!!
2011senior4life
Quote by rd93
Exaggerate the things that aren't dramatic. You'll write more often and it will give you practice with creative writing and finding inspiration.

I actually wrote a song a couple of days ago, t'was a joke song really about my friend who I go to the gym with and he was feeling a bit sick and didn't want to go, I exaggerated there and it actually worked out haha I should try that more often.

Great idea.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson