I'm about to buy an M-box 2 mini with pro tools. Will it run well enough on my computer to do a few "demo" recordings? My band has a studio we record in, but we need this home-recording software for completing songs before we go to that studio.
What I'm trying to say is that I don't need top notch quality recordings, just decent.

I've been doing a bit of recording with Audacity, GT-10 and PC drummer pro, but I just can't make my GT-10 sound good, played through the pc. The sound is too "thick", and I can't hear myself play... Or, I can, but with a 0.5 sec delay.

A fellow guitarist friend of mine has been using protools for quite a while, and the recordings he makes are just amazing.

If I can produce even half of the sound he can, I'm happy.

Anyway, the question is; Can M-box/Pro Tools run on my computer, and will I be able to record without the 0,5 sec delay?

Thanks
As having personal experience with Pro Tools, I can say honestly that it is a pain in the ass to use. It's good, yes. I'm able to make professional recordings that sound pretty good and it's very diverse. However, that is where the problem lies: It's TOO diverse. For a simple demo recording, it takes way too long to do anything really (it's called "Slow-Tools for a reason"), and a free program like Audacity or GarageBand if you have it work almost as well. If you're just doing a quick and dirty demo, mic up your practice amp, press record and away you go. If you're dead set on using that GT-10 though, i'd use as little effects as possible when you record and play around with the latency settings. Hope this helps
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by swordsofplague
As having personal experience with Pro Tools, I can say honestly that it is a pain in the ass to use. It's good, yes. I'm able to make professional recordings that sound pretty good and it's very diverse. However, that is where the problem lies: It's TOO diverse. For a simple demo recording, it takes way too long to do anything really (it's called "Slow-Tools for a reason"), and a free program like Audacity or GarageBand if you have it work almost as well. If you're just doing a quick and dirty demo, mic up your practice amp, press record and away you go. If you're dead set on using that GT-10 though, i'd use as little effects as possible when you record and play around with the latency settings. Hope this helps

Garageband? Isn't that for Macs only?
Quote by swordsofplague

'
Oh, and, what kind of mic would I need for that, and would I be able to record dual-guitars without having to record them separately? I mean, would there be a delay?