I have a Fender American Strat and soon I'll buy the signature model of John Petrucci JPX-6 (Music Man).
I want an amp that will be good for Blues and light Rock with my Strat with, and heavier stuff with the music man.
I want to know if the Marshall will be a good choice...
Give us an address for a online retailer site from Isreal and how many Sheqels you want to spend - we should be able to help
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
Give us an address for a online retailer site from Isreal and how many Sheqels you want to spend - we should be able to help

Thanks.
There are few music shops in Israel, these are the most popular :
http://www.halilit.com/?action=reclist&subcat_id=8&cat_id=2&mf_id=&type=13
http://www.kley-zemer.co.il/?Subcategory=491
http://www.music-center.co.il/products.aspx?cat=7995
Whenever you see the word ש"ח that means Israeli Shekel.
1 Dollar = 3.7 Israeli Shekel
And I'm ready to spend around 5,000 shekels.
Last edited by ArielTheStrudel at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by ArielTheStrudel
I don't think that this layout will help you...
I live in Israel

actually it does.

so use it.

or you will be getting people posting the deals they see locally, none of them being in isreal so useless to you right?

also, since you are in a less common area for us finding amps in, please list what amps are available by you so people can tell you about them specifically.

otherwise, this is a run away train of useless information basically.

and won't help you get the information you are looking for.

edit: ^ that's a start.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 18, 2011,
if you can get a good deal on a cab to go with this - http://www.halilit.com/?action=recshow&subcat_id=8&item_id=2502 - you'll have a pretty good setup, the combo version isn't too over budget either - http://www.halilit.com/?action=recshow&subcat_id=8&item_id=2504
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

Quote by ArielTheStrudel
What will be better for me : Marshall DSL401 or Blackstar HT Club 40 ?

The DSL does the heavy stuff no problem. However it isn't exactly voiced for blues or light-rock. The clean channel is bright and sounds pretty good, you could always throw an overdrive pedal in front of the clean channel to nail the overdriven light-rock tones. The OD-2 channel can nail heavy tones, but by "heavier stuff" how heavy are you going? And in terms of the OD-1 channel, personally I didn't use it much on my DSL, it sounded thin to me, and just didn't satisfy me, but if you can try out then go for it, you might like it.

I have no experience with the HT Club 40 so can't comment on that one, sorry.
Quote by ArielTheStrudel

I like the new Blackstars. It will have more voicing options than the Marshall try one out if you can
Current Rig:

Quote by AdamDK
The DSL does the heavy stuff no problem. However it isn't exactly voiced for blues or light-rock. The clean channel is bright and sounds pretty good, you could always throw an overdrive pedal in front of the clean channel to nail the overdriven light-rock tones. The OD-2 channel can nail heavy tones, but by "heavier stuff" how heavy are you going? And in terms of the OD-1 channel, personally I didn't use it much on my DSL, it sounded thin to me, and just didn't satisfy me, but if you can try out then go for it, you might like it.

I have no experience with the HT Club 40 so can't comment on that one, sorry.

The overdrive won't be a problem. I will buy the Jemini in few days..
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
I like the new Blackstars. It will have more voicing options than the Marshall try one out if you can

I tried a Blackstar and I liked it, but I REALLY want the Marshall..
Quote by ArielTheStrudel
I tried a Blackstar and I liked it, but I REALLY want the Marshall..

Have you tried the Marshall? Because if you really want it so bad I reccommend you try it first to see if you will like it.
Quote by ArielTheStrudel

I've A/B'd these two amps and I much preferred the Blackstar. The DSL's overdrive was more fizzy and thin, whereas the Blackstar sounded full and thick. It will easily get as heavy as the DSL, but it is much more versatile. It's reverb sounds much nicer as well, and in my opinion the cleans were better.

If you can, you should go A/B them yourself. It's the best way for you to decide. We can sit here and tell you all our opinions on the two all day, but in the end, it's your ears that will know what you want.
The DSL sounds a lot better with a tube and speaker swap. The clean channel can do blues fairly well. OD1 is not fizzy after a tube change. It isn't suited that well for light gain stuff though. OD2 is still fizzy for me even with the tube swap, but it does get decently heavy.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401