Hey UG,

So I just took the back off my crate vb 4x12 cab and somehow I ripped some of the wiring out in the process. I don't know the first thing about wiring, so I was hoping someone here could help me out. I think I just disconnected the four wires that run from each speaker into the jack on the back of the amp, but I don't know they go back together. The closeup of the wire is one of the four that got disconnected.
Attachments:
IMG_1411.jpg
IMG_1417.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1421.jpg
Last edited by Dimeborg at Mar 18, 2011,
Have you tried going to the Crate website?
Or contacting their support folks for a schematic?
Not yet, it literally happened 10 minutes ago. I'm trying to sell it in the next couple days and someone was interested and wanted to know what kind of speakers were in it, but I can't really sell it like this and I thought I'd check here before waiting for crate to respond. That and I don't know how to interpret a schematic or rewire it
I don't think it's really a hard fix, it looks like the wires just slip on to a clip on each speaker, I just have no idea what wire goes where or if one goes to each speaker or two go to two since the speakers are connected in two pairs. I'm trying to cell this cab asap and I'd really appreciate anybody's help on this one. I would go through crate but I'm really short on time
Quote by Dimeborg
I don't think it's really a hard fix, it looks like the wires just slip on to a clip on each speaker, I just have no idea what wire goes where or if one goes to each speaker or two go to two since the speakers are connected in two pairs. I'm trying to cell this cab asap and I'd really appreciate anybody's help on this one. I would go through crate but I'm really short on time

Not to mention Crate's average response time when it comes to customer service is about 2 weeks, and that's if you get lucky

I'll look around the interwebs to see if I can find a wiring schematic.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project