I recently restrung my Westfield Les Paul copy. My 'D' string was making sounds. At first I thought it was fret buzz. But now I investigate by listening to the string closely it is the saddle rattling from side to side hitting the adjacent saddles 'A' and 'G' at the speed of the string vibrating. I don't want to wedge anything in there as it will spoil the look of the guitar. And i read one thing that said "put clear nail polish on it" but didn't specify where or how. Please help me!!
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

'The dusty end, is not my friend.'
I've done about 5 string changes on it since I had it and had nothing like this before.
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

you can stick a piece of sponge under the rattling part,

or if it's a screw then clear polish on the threads.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you can stick a piece of sponge under the rattling part,

or if it's a screw then clear polish on the threads.

its the whole saddle i can feel it moving and can move it with my hand about 3/4mm i don't see how cos nothings changed and it wasn't doing it before.

Quote by Rich EpiWildkat
its the whole saddle i can feel it moving and can move it with my hand about 3/4mm i don't see how cos nothings changed and it wasn't doing it before.

well sometimes screws strip a little, or the hole the screw goes into strips a little.

there's a lot of tension on that bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011