I have a Strat now and I want to make it a 50's theme. Like make it look like a 50's Chevy car or something. I don't want to do anything major. But i will get a custom pickguard made so any ideas for that? I may get some knobs made up too but depends on the price. Thanks!!
'Slap bass refers to the slap delivered to the bassist when they play too loud or with any kind of attention drawing behaviour...'

'The dusty end, is not my friend.'
I recon a cherry red paint job, some chrome parts and maybe some old radio knobs. You could also add decals or an actual badge.
Surf green with more aged-looking plastic. Dice knobs wouldn't really work on a Strat, I don't think. What's the budget you're looking at, and the extent of the modification (you said nothing major)?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by LeviMan_2001
/\ Oh god those are dorky. I'd suggest some dice for knobs, make sure you have 'vintage' style hardware, somehow get some more chrome on it.

Well, the man said "make it look like a 50's car"
... and "dorky" can't be called by a guy suggesting dice knobs. :P
yeah I said it. What.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
So in the end, be careful, but even still it's not THAT easy to get killed to death.
How about one of those air plane girl pinup silhouettes? That always make me think vintage, or a flapper girl.
Quote by OurSouls,inc.

Dorky, you say?
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Nothing says 50s on a strat like surf green or daphne blue
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
Nothing says 50s on a strat like surf green or daphne blue

+1, surf green with a maple neck/fretboard is where it's at.
Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by OurSouls,inc.

Haha fair point. But I feel like when you get a pickgaurd with a modern high quality printing on it and such, it's not quite "vintage" feeling you know.
pin up girl sticker has to go on it
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
I'd say put as much chrome on as you possibly can, knobs, pickup covers, everything.
Go for a racing stripe down the middle of the body. What color is your Strat?
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass