Page 1 of 3
Yep, looks like the U.S. and it's allies (France, United Kingdom and two unnamed Middle Eastern countries) have declared war on Libya and are backing the rebels against Gaddafi's regime. Thoughts? I personally support this war, seeing as Gaddafi is a pretty horrible leader and human being.

Sources:
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/03/18/why-are-we-going-to-war-with-libya/

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/03/17/war-with-libya-looms/
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Hooray for the always successful process of US intervention in the middle east!
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
I wasn't sure if they would or not. I don't care as long as we get out once it's done. It isn't our job to police the world. Help them overthrow their shitty leader and leave them to their own devices.

Quote by Don_Humpador
Libya is Africa's oil-richest nation.

imjustsayin'

Thank you for informing us. We had no idea.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's exactly like the original incident in Iraq.
Gaddafi=Saddam.
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
honestly, would it kill the US to keep their noses out of everyone's business just for once?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by BladeSlinger
I wasn't sure if they would or not. I don't care as long as we get out once it's done. It isn't our job to police the world. Help them overthrow their shitty leader and leave them to their own devices.

I agree with this. Once Gaddafi leaves, we leave.

Also, *insert conspiracy theory involving the USA and Libya, supplier of a small % of oil*
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Acϵ♠
honestly, would it kill the US to keep their noses out of everyone's business just for once?

This is more the British and the French's doing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
This is more the British and the French's doing.

From what I've heard, we didn't even want to mess with it until France kept pushing for the no fly zone and stuff. I don't keep up with it but I hear bits and pieces.

I love how people immediately assume the US is crusading in for oil. People hate us for intervening and the Libyans get pissed at us for not helping.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
why exactly does the U.S. have the unquenchable urge to get involved in EVERY war available, and **** it up at the same time (skip WW II)

Okay, read the post about England and France. Still blaiming the U.S.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 18, 2011,
Yeah the US really hasn't been to keen on this so it's not fair to criticise.

Quote by BladeSlinger

I love how people immediately assume the US is crusading in for oil. People hate us for intervening and the Libyans get pissed at us for not helping.

Actually it's far from clear what the Libyans want.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Last edited by leeb rocks at Mar 18, 2011,
Yeah, I have nothing better to do at work than read BBC all day.... Your first article, and most of you, act like it's a US plot to invade. Really, it's a UN resolution, proposed by France--who so far seems to have taken the most militant stance on the issue--and the UK, to give Gadaffi an ultimatum to stop attacking civilians or face military intervention. The US hasn't declared war and isn't even sending in ground forces. Poland is providing logistical support, and Qatar is in on it was well.

Unless you prefer your conspiracies, all the US is doing is supporting what the rest of the UN decided to do. Even China and Russia abstained from voting rather than exercise their veto.
Quote by LastSlayerKing
Hooray for the always successful process of US intervention in the middle east!

Because Libya is so totally a Middle-Eastern country.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
why exactly does the U.S. have the unquenchable urge to get involved in EVERY war available, and **** it up at the same time (skip WW II)

But the SAS were there before anyone else, and they made the call not to take anyone out which was probably the best decision. Now we all go marching in and shit will hit the fan, I guarantee this will get messy.
Provided that this is actually the humanitarian mission that it claims to be, then it's great to see this intervention. However there is the danger that afterwards it'll become another imperialist endeavor, but I hope not. We've got to take it at face value for now.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Dream Floyd
Because Libya is so totally a Middle-Eastern country.

Its a dump and full of people with brown skin. BIIIIIIIIIIG difference.

/extreme racism.
Quote by leeb rocks
Yeah the US really hasn't been to keen on this so it's not fair to criticise.

Actually it's far from clear what the Libyans want.

Not according to CNN.

After so many countries say we should get rid of these dictators and the Libyans revolt, I would think they would appreciate help from the people who kept talking about it. Not doing it for them or staying after the war, just support.

And everyone still blaming the US for...Doing nothing so far.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
HUAH, what is it good for?
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Actually, many people in the US don't want to get involved. However, whenever there's a world crisis, we're the first called on to clean it up. We have problems of our own. We can't handle another unilateral war.
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Provided that this is actually the humanitarian mission that it claims to be, then it's great to see this intervention. However there is the danger that afterwards it'll become another imperialist endeavor, but I hope not. We've got to take it at face value for now.

I find it hard to imagine it just being an immediate pulling out once gadaffi is deposed (if that's the way it plays out).
Quote by Nosferatu Man

It would be beneficial if people would read about the situation and research the history of said areas in order to put the current situation into context before accusing the US of being warmongers.

If anything, the US is getting the short end of the stick in terms of the countries participating. They'll probably be the backbone of any intervention (air power/naval power). That means $$$.
Quote by madbasslover
Until_it_sleeps for the motherfucking win!!!
Quote by leeb rocks
I find it hard to imagine it just being an immediate pulling out once gadaffi is deposed (if that's the way it plays out).

It doesn't need to be immediate, just so long as the US (or France or the UK or anyone else) don't attempt to insert their own government as they have something of a tendency to do.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by JamSessionFreak

That's because you're a muppet.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It doesn't need to be immediate, just so long as the US (or France or the UK or anyone else) don't attempt to insert their own government as they have something of a tendency to do.

Not necessarily insert their own government but do you really think it's likely they won't take a condescending and paternalistic concerned interest in the establishment of a new Libyan state if they already have a presence in the area?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Quote by leeb rocks
Not necessarily insert their own government but do you really think it's likely they won't take a condescending and paternalistic concerned interest in the establishment of a new Libyan state if they already have a presence in the area?

Nope, hence my worry. I'm just attempting to be optimistic.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

The rebels already have a government being established and have already achieved recognition from France as a legitimate government.

I don't think this is the same scenario as Afghanistan or Iraq where NATO or, in the latter case, the US, had to setup governments in order to get the new system rolling.

Either way, anything that the West attempts to do there will be bastardized by people anyways. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Quote by madbasslover
No one has declared war on Libya..
And there's already a thread on this.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Thank you for informing us. We had no idea.

Yes lets run in their and destabilize the region even more and then just dip after the leader is gone.
Quote by epiless
Yes lets run in their and destabilize the region even more and then just dip after the leader is gone.

It's not really our fault for the destabilization when they're already in a civil war with each other. I don't think anyone expects us to hang around afterwards.
Quote by madbasslover
Quote by epiless

Sure. Let them sort it out. Take care of the guy killing his own people and let them take it where they will. It's their damn country. It just pisses everyone off when people commit war crimes in plain sight.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Sure. Let them sort it out. Take care of the guy killing his own people and let them take it where they will. It's their damn country. It just pisses everyone off when people commit war crimes in plain sight.

I dont think you caught the point
Théré's ónlý óné áccént in "resumé" ffs.

Seriously, I support this war.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Page 1 of 3