Page 1 of 2
I would appreciate it if any law experts could come in here and tell me how legal this all is.

In one of my classes today. The teacher sent a lot of kids down to the office for "disrupting class" About an hour later the assisant principal comes in wicked pissed off and says "I'm pissed off and if anybody gets sent out in this class one more time they will be arrested for disorderly conduct. You are disrupting the learning fo other students in here and it will not be tolerated"

Is this even legal? How does talking in class result in being arrested for disorderly conduct? Is that legal? Is it legal that she said she was pissed off? Can't we get her fired for that?

What if I get arrested and she says I will be under arrest and I say "go ahead, arrest me." and I do get arrested, would this case hold up in court?
dunno about legality, but that's ****ed up.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
It's an empty threat, nothing could happen.

Then again, if the principal has to say something like that, then maybe the brats talking should just STFU and stop acting like twats...
they wont arrest anyone, but perhaps you should all maybe stfu.
now extra flamey
If you weren't talking in class, tell her that if she yells at you like that again you'll consider it an act of aggression and have her arrested for disorderly conduct or possibly assault.

She needs one less cup of coffee in the morning.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
It's extreme, but possibly legal. I say the students should just not be twats and STFU while others are trying to learn.
I did shitty through high school and it still aggravated the shit out of me when people talked during lessons.
Quote by Luncbox1
Then again, if the principal has to say something like that, then maybe the brats talking should just STFU and stop acting like twats...

Exactly.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by Luncbox1

+1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
We learned about something like this in my government class. I'm about 90% sure they can do that but it just really seems like they're overreacting. Just because they can do that doesn't mean they should in most cases.
Quote by Luncbox1

This.

Pretty sure they can't arrest you, they're being dumbasses but only a dumbass tell them to arrest them when threatened. They can send you home and probably suspend you if they pushed it but as far as I know, there's no law that could ever use. Especially on a minor. Just like when our principal said he'd withhold our diplomas because of the senior prank but they didn't do shit.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You know this reminds me of this one time in my Social Science class. See my classes have these helper teachers and for two classes, ones cool and not on my back but the other for language arts, science, and social science is a nightmare (because she can't go one day without asking me pointless questions over things I don't need help with.) Anyways, I was sitting at my desk and one of my legs were just sticking out to the side of the chair and she comes up telling me to sit fully straight in my desk. So I say "Listen, I'm paying attention to the teacher and there's nothing wrong with the way I'm sitting." And of course, she overreacts and gets another helper teacher to send me to the office. And then my Social Science teacher gets mad too and sends me to the office. Yeah... just because I wasn't sitting perfectly in my chair. Schools can make stupid decisions.

EDIT: So yeah, just as they were saying above, she can't arrest you so if she does you can sue
Guitars: Amps
1. Shecter Damien 6 1. Line 6 Spider III
2. Yamaha Pacifica (RED) 2. Drive CD 20
Last edited by Shredin0id at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by -Mantra-
Ffs, its not so ****ing hard to just shut up for an hour.
Well actually school is much more than hour. And you only get like 4 minute breaks to not be bored and to talk (but then again you have to get your stuff and go to class.)
Guitars: Amps
1. Shecter Damien 6 1. Line 6 Spider III
2. Yamaha Pacifica (RED) 2. Drive CD 20
Quote by Shredin0id
Well actually school is much more than hour. And you only get like 4 minute breaks to not be bored and to talk (but then again you have to get your stuff and go to class.)

I don't know about your school, but in mine we had 15 minutes to talk before morning announcements and a half hour lunch. And if the class isn't full of talking twats you can even have class be finished in a timely manner and get to talk for up to 10 minutes at the end of each class.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
Just talking, not doing their work, not listening to the teacher, getting up to walk around the class. They weren't being mean or anything....they just didn't want to sit down and listen.

so, deliberately disrupting the the entire class?

A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally:
(1) engages in fighting or in tumultuous conduct;
(2) makes unreasonable noise and continues to do so after being asked to stop; or
(3) disrupts a lawful assembly of persons;
commits disorderly conduct. . .

I don't know where you are or what your specific state's law is but that seems like it'd fit.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You made a thread about possibly attending West Point.
I think you should go.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It seems like a few people here think of school in a much too serious manner.
Who cares if you have a total of an hour and a half to speak throughout a 7-8 hour period of generally 'learning' shit you have been forcefed for the past 10 years? An hour and a half? And then two weekend days to go without it?
You seem like you were probably fairly antisocial in school.
Quote by Austin1Arse
It seems like a few people here think of school in a much too serious manner.
Who cares if you have a total of an hour and a half to speak throughout a 7-8 hour period of generally 'learning' shit you have been forcefed for the past 10 years? An hour and a half? And then two weekend days to go without it?
You seem like you were probably fairly antisocial in school.

Because school definitely goes on for 24 hours a day. If I didn't have sports I could have 8-9 hours of social time everyday after school. Being social does not mean being disruptive.
Facepalm for what?
What about homework? What about actual work?
Maybe if they split up classes like a college instead of cutting out a 7 hour chunk of my day, telling me that I cannot speak. Seriously, I just had a teacher do something of this nature to me today and it's not like I'm some awful disruption in school. In fact, every class I see is entirely full of people talking. Also, as I said, it doesn't help that during this 7 hour day, they are 'teaching' me the same ****ing things they have taught me since the first grade. Maybe if I was learning something new, interesting, and useful, I might actually sit and listen. I have never applied 99/100 of what I have learned in school into the real world, so why would I sit and attentively listen? Why would anybody?
the principal would never have kids arrested for talking in class unless they are stupid. it would cause a big shit storm on the school board, and would cause people to question how qualified the teacher and the principal were if they could not control students without arresting them. it would put the principal's job at risk in a round about way. no parent wants to send their kids to a school where the teachers and principals resort to having kids arrested for trivial matters.

plus if one of the kid's parents had money and wanted to dispute the charges, it would cost the school a bunch of money in legal fees.

idk if its legal or not, but it would be an incredibly stupid thing for your principal to do and wouldnt do much to help with his job security.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Mar 18, 2011,
Worst come to worst they could take someone down to the station so that the parents can pick up their shitty kid after work. No court stuff
Quote by Austin1Arse
Facepalm for what?
What about homework? What about actual work?
Maybe if they split up classes like a college instead of cutting out a 7 hour chunk of my day, telling me that I cannot speak. Seriously, I just had a teacher do something of this nature to me today and it's not like I'm some awful disruption in school. In fact, every class I see is entirely full of people talking. Also, as I said, it doesn't help that during this 7 hour day, they are 'teaching' me the same ****ing things they have taught me since the first grade. Maybe if I was learning something new, interesting, and useful, I might actually sit and listen. I have never applied 99/100 of what I have learned in school into the real world, so why would I sit and attentively listen? Why would anybody?

Don't worry sunshine. It does start to get better when you reach second grade.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Don't worry sunshine. It does start to get better when you reach second grade.

Man, you clever son of a bitch.
Seriously, who takes school so seriously as to become mad at people not making that place a living hell?
I haven't seen anybody stoop that low. I feel sorry for anybody who has to be such a buzzkill as to do that.
Quote by Austin1Arse
Seriously, who takes school so seriously as to become mad at people not making that place a living hell?
I haven't seen anybody stoop that low. I feel sorry for anybody who has to be such a buzzkill as to do that.

It's called respect.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
It's called respect.

It's called not being a boring human being whom nobody wants to associate with.
I guess nobody understands the concept of not taking a pointless life so ****ing seriously.
I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around how somebody such as yourself can possibly take something such as speaking in class so seriously.
The kids who will succeed will do so regardless of somebody talking in class and those who for some reason cannot function while it's going on will most likely not succeed in the real world.
Quote by Austin1Arse

ok we get it, school isnt for you. but dont ruin it for other people who actually want to go somewhere in life.
It's a ridiculous threat. Shut the **** up anyway.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Quote by Austin1Arse
It's called not being a boring human being whom nobody wants to associate with.
I guess nobody understands the concept of not taking a pointless life so ****ing seriously.
I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around how somebody such as yourself can possibly take something such as speaking in class so seriously.
The kids who will succeed will do so regardless of somebody talking in class and those who for some reason cannot function while it's going on will most likely not succeed in the real world.

And those that can't grasp the concept of respect for their peers and the teacher trying to do their job aren't going to go any farther.

How can you believe being a disruption is so fucking cool?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Convince her to sleep with you.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
It actually is against the law to disrupt others learning in a public school. Here in Alberta, at least.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by ironman1478
ok we get it, school isnt for you. but dont ruin it for other people who actually want to go somewhere in life.

School isn't for me?
I didn't come here to brag about my grades but I am in the top ten students in my class and am constantly asked for help in classes.
What's not for me is boredom. And school, unfortunately, is one of the most boring places anybody can be.
I really don't look to further this arguing anymore, you all have different mindsets than I do.
I have never actually witnessed somebody who tries genuinely hard in school so they can 'have a chance in life'.
Page 1 of 2