Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for some good rock oriented instrumental songs, and as I'm not into the genre as a whole, I figured I'd ask UG for something other than Satch, Vai, and the like.

Yes, I'm aware this is the pit, and if you can make me laugh with one of your witty remarks, you might even win an extra special prize.

Gracias in advance.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
maybe not rock but this song always speaks to me

Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by strat0blaster
Yes, I'm aware this is the pit, and if you can make me laugh with one of your witty remarks, you might even win an extra special prize.

gutted.
Perserverance and Desparation by Helstar, Malmsteen, The Ultra-Violence by Death Angel, Mr. Scary by Dokken.
Quote by theogonia777

Ah sh_t I totally forgot about this. Do you know where I can find more this guy's stuff?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I have some stuff on my prof...

..oh, you said good.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by strat0blaster
Ah sh_t I totally forgot about this. Do you know where I can find more this guy's stuff?

they can be found on myspace
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Slash - Watch This (featuring Dave Grohl, Duff McKagan)
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Mar 18, 2011,
You should definitely check out Russian Circles, they're an all instrumental post rock band.
Quote by StewieSwan

This is pretty amazing. Is all their stuff instrumental like this?

I'll pick the album up anyway, just curious.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Ghefly
Dream Theater?

Or maybe some Animals as Leaders. Lots of Tool is instrumental too.

There aren't really that many (strict) instrumentals by Tool. And most of those are nothing more than segues.

As stated, Russian Circles. But they're one of thosr bands that you need to see live. It's all well and good having those layers on disc, but it's something else when they do it onstage.
Eric Johnson, Guthrie Govan, Andy Timmons, Marco Sfogli, Greg Howe, Casiopea, T-Square, Animals as Leaders, Andy McKee, Al Di Meola, etc etc etc.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I'd post Orion if I didn't think I'd get incinerated from the flaming.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Tommy Emmanuel, A little more on the country side but he has some absolutely rockin tunes
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Jeff Loomis' solo album.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
God is an Astronaut has some pretty good instrumentals. They're definitely worth checking out.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Isis does have a singer, but most of their songs are mainly instrumental (long ones at that). And Pelican.
Page 1 of 2